Compliance Associate - BSA Officer
New York, NY
Compliance & Legal – Compliance & Legal
ViaBill is seeking a detail-oriented Compliance Associate to join the team and help support all sides of our fast-growing business, in particularly our Customer Due Diligence processes. We are building a world-class, fast-moving legal team, directed and instructed by the company’s Head of Compliance. You will be working under the Compliance & Legal team in our NYC office.
We are looking for someone who loves wearing many hats and taking on new and exciting challenges. You will be handling various issues in a short period and are expected to take initiative and solve these with increasing independence. You are a team player who contributes to the work space and will be in constant contact with all departments.
By working at a young, innovative company, you will have the chance to advance your skills and learn to apply them to solve complex, real-life problems.
What You Will Do:
- Monitor a variety of reviews, potentially including: Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) reviews, Sanctions reviews, and Politically-exposed Person (PEP) reviews.
- Handle escalated issues as appropriate for advanced investigation and analysis.
- Assess KYC APIs for accuracy and adjust as necessary.
- Identify and implement process improvements to policies and procedures.
- Assess external regulatory and law enforcement trends to make recommendations to alter risk areas or business controls.
- Collaborate on team initiatives for other special projects.
- Interact cross-functionally with the US and European departments.
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s degree (CAMS certification is a plus).
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in financial crimes, AML, risk, fraud, research, or a related field.
- Bias for action and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Strong problem-solving skills and intellectual maturity.
- The ability to effectively and credibly communicate with senior management, outside counsel, and other stakeholders.
- Interest in working at a FinTech company.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to adjust on the fly.