Product Owner (Commercial)
Product – Product /
At ViaBill, we are on the journey to becoming the biggest global point-of-sale financing solution in the world. Becoming the best at something isn’t easy. It takes skill, hard work, and an unmatched level of ambition and determination. Our team is international, experienced and most of all, hardworking. We come from Denmark, a country known for global companies and startups like TrustPilot, Vivino, and Zendesk - a list that will soon include ViaBill.
In four short years, we’ve grown from our first office in an art gallery in Denmark to having our team located all over the globe - the newest addition being our Manhattan office in New York City. In February 2020 ViaBill launched in Spain. And now we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business in Europe. From a handful of customers to handling transactions worth more than $150M per year, we aren’t afraid of new challenges and new markets. In 2020, ViaBill will continue to expand into several countries in Europe. We have raised $10m in growth capital from the best investors in order to scale the company.
We won’t lie, startups take a lot of hard work. It takes something extraordinary to come out on top. And we want you to go the extra mile for the company – and yourself.
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” – Sun Tzu
About the role
Your primary role will be to have the eyes of our users and be able to see future opportunities in our current product and setup. Our users are our primary resource, and we want to make sure that we stay up to date with our solutions. Furthermore, you’ll have the role of Product Owner on projects that are related to your domain.
As a Product Owner, you’ll work closely together with our Development department, being the central part of ongoing projects and setting the vision and goal for the allocated team.
What you will do:
- You’ll have the responsibility of keeping project descriptions well analyzed and described and the backlog estimated and prioritized.
- You will participate in daily status meetings, making sure that the team follows the overall strategic goals set by Management.
- In this position, you will get the opportunity to communicate with a lot of stakeholders company-wide and we expect you to make your own decisions based on their input and requirements, amongst others.
- We expect you to be thorough in all aspects, and not be afraid to put an extraordinary effort into the role when it's needed.
- We don’t require FinTech industry experience, but we expect you to have worked as Product Owner for some years.
- You probably have experience from well-established growth-companies and are able to leverage this experience.
- The position is quite well-defined upfront but will evolve over time once you commit to the ownership.
- We expect you to be able to help us define the position in the long run.
You explore your potential and contributes to the business as you within the first 6 months:
- Quickly get into the existing company setup
- Make sure our products remain competitive
- Own and define the roadmap for your domain
- Streamline the product structure globally
- You have a very strong, commercial mindset and an ability so envision/identify new revenue streams as well as optimize on current ones
- You are able to handle many tasks at the same time, without losing an eye on the ball
- When the going gets tough, you’re able to stay focused
- You’re able to handle many stakeholders with a lot of different backgrounds and responsibilities
- You’re able to communicate fluently in English. Danish is not a prerequisite but would be considered as a plus
- The Development team is based throughout Europe, and you’re able to easily navigate in a remote environment
- You’re highly analytic and extremely structured
- You thrive with huge responsibility and understand that there’s no reward without risk
- You know when, where and how to apply long- and short-term thinking
- You’re ambitious for both yourself and the company, and you understand the aggregate value of teamwork
- You’re able to delegate to tasks in order to optimize value output
- You’re hungry for knowledge and information, and you track it down yourself
What we offer
- Competitive comp package
- Responsibility without limits
- Daily Lunches, snacks, drinks, and fruits
- Friday bar and Quiz
- Team Events
- A key impact role at an exciting international best-in-class growth FinTech company
- A true strategic stake in the company’s growth as a key part of the management team
- A fun, informal, and international working atmosphere with a smart, passionate and driven team in Copenhagen
- Cool office in the historical heart of Copenhagen
About our team
We offer a job and environment with great potential for career development, freedom to unfold skills and competencies, and equal treatment. Everything is measured and backed up by numbers and data. If you are ready to learn, grow, and perform we are ready to reward you for your hard work and success.
Our highly talented team consists of 24 different nationalities, headquartered in Copenhagen (DK), and has secondary offices in New York as well as other European cities.
SONOS sound-filled offices centrally located in the historical center of Copenhagen. 100 professional and ambitious colleagues with an average age of 29, are eager to welcome you.