Legal Assistant (Polish consumer law and/or financing)
Compliance & Legal – Compliance & Legal
At ViaBill, we are on the journey to become the biggest global point-of-sale financing solution in the world. Becoming the best at something isn’t easy. It takes skill, hard work, and an unmatched level of ambition and determination. Our team is international, experienced and most of all, hardworking. We come from Denmark, a country known for global companies and startups like TrustPilot, Vivino, and Zendesk - a list that will soon include ViaBill.
In four short years, we’ve grown from our first office in an art gallery in Denmark to having our team located all over the globe - the newest addition being our Manhattan office in New York City. And now we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business in Europe. From a handful of customers to handling transactions worth more than $150M per year, we aren’t afraid of new challenges and new markets.
We offer a job and environment with great potential for career development, freedom to unfold skills and competencies, and equal treatment. Everything is measured and backed up by numbers and data. If you are ready to learn, grow and perform we are ready to reward you for your hard work and success.
We won’t lie, startups take a lot of hard work. It takes something extraordinary to come out on top. And we want you to go the extra mile for the company – and yourself.
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” – Sun Tzu
Prepared to commit every inch of talent, motivation and desire to get the required results at one of the most exciting FinTech companies to come to the US and Europe? Continue reading. Not sure? Stop.
About the role
As a Legal Student Assistant for ViaBill you will assist the legal team in legal research, review of documents and bringing our company to new markets. Being a Legal Student Assistant at ViaBill you will gain valuable experience within the FinTech industry and will be a part of the rapid expansion to new markets. You will work closely with the legal team, service the whole business and get in touch with a lot of external stakeholders. We are looking for a talented candidate who sees him or herself working in our company subsequent to graduating.
- Competitive, service-minded and detail-oriented law student hungry for obtaining new knowledge and experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills in English and Polish.
- Danish is not a prerequisite
- Some knowledge of Polish consumer law and/or financing
- Exceptional ability to manage details
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate the next steps or needs
- Available for 20 hours a week
- You’re currently studying your Master’s degree in law or business law
What you will do:
- Work with activities related to statutory requirements for both the Danish and foreign market
- Manage the archive including collecting relevant signatures, stamps, etc.
- Initial legal research
- Review of contracts and policies
- Ad hoc questions from colleagues
- Various administrative tasks
What we offer
- Valuable experience within the FinTech industry and will be a part of the rapid expansion to new markets
- A fun, informal and international working atmosphere with a smart, passionate and driven team in Copenhagen.
- Part-time (up to 20 hours/week) starting as soon as possible.
- Salary 150 DKK/hour.
About our team
We offer a job and environment with great potential for career development, freedom to unfold skills and competencies, and equal treatment. Everything is measured and backed up by numbers and data. If you are ready to learn, grow and perform we are ready to reward you for your hard work and success. Our highly talented team consists of 20 different nationalities, headquartered in Copenhagen (DK), and has secondary offices in New York as well as other European cities.
We have a Friday bar after work amongst other social activities. SONOS sound-filled offices centrally located in Copenhagen K. 70 professional and ambitious colleagues with an average age of 29, are eager to welcome you.