Java Backend Developer (Remote)
Developer – Developer /
Remote - Full Time
ViaBill operates at the intersection of the eCommerce, payments and consumer credit sectors, and is an industry pioneer and early market entrant in the BNPL industry, which is experiencing rapid growth. Becoming the best at something isn’t easy. It takes skill, hard work, and an unmatched level of ambition and determination. Our team is international, experienced and most of all, hardworking. In just a few years, we’ve grown from our first office in an art gallery in Denmark to having our teams located all over the globe.
From a handful of customers to handling transactions worth more than $150M per year, we aren’t afraid of new challenges and new markets. Our strategy has been validated with external investment from leading VC’s Headline and BlackFin Capital Partners.
As we take our business to the next level, ViaBill is seeking motivated back end developers to scale our tech, processes, and systems located within +/- 2-3 hours of CET time zone.
Your work will consist of:
- Being part of a highly skilled engineering team
- Building quality products in close collaboration with the business
- Making an impact on ViaBill customers with your code
- Influencing the direction of the product and technical solutions
- Working remotely - this is a fully remote position
- Working both independently and as part of a team of talented, friendly colleagues from around the world
Your background includes:
- Experience developing in Java 11
- Experience in Spring Boot, Hibernate, Camel, ActiveMQ, MariaDB and AWS
- DevOps/Continuous Delivery setup
- GitLab, JIRA, Jenkins
- Experience with highly automated systems
- Contributing beautiful, clean code
- B.Sc/M.Sc or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field
- Frontend experience (Angular 4, JS, HTML5, CSS3, etc.) - this is a bonus, but is not required to be considered for this position
- Primarily interested in backend development, as this is where the majority of your work will be focused
- Highly proficient in English, as this is the primary language of communication in the company
- Ultra-focused on the end user - even when working on the opposite end, you keep the perspective of the end user in mind and build solutions that enable the best experience possible
- Motivated in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Able to keep calm, focused, and prioritize under pressure
- Independent and take initiative
- Located within +/- 2-3 hours of CET time zone
About our team:
We are a team of highly motivated developers who work remotely from our own offices. We collaborate much like open-source projects with core maintainers for our services. Each developer has a lot of freedom working in a flat hierarchy in a very streamlined process where the domain experts are easily available on Slack or via Meet. We work with a very rapid release schedule, often releasing multiple times per day. This gives us a quick and motivating feedback loop. This also makes it very easy for a developer to see their effect on business! This allows us to experiment and adopt new trends/frameworks quickly.