Java Backend Developer
Developer – Developer
Are you ready to dive into a new challenge with a team of committed, motivated, talented individuals seeking to build the biggest global point-of-sale financing solution?
ViaBill was founded in 2009 with the goal of disrupting the traditional e-commerce payment methods of Europe. We believe that online merchants should have an easy-to-implement solution that offers customers an alternative to instant payment, hence giving customers a chance to evaluate the purchase before actual payment. The last 4 years, ViaBill has grown from our first office in an art gallery to multiple offices throughout the world and from a handful of customers to handling transactions worth more than $150M per year.
At ViaBill, we know that becoming the best at something is not easy. It takes skill, hard work, and an unmatched level of ambition. We believe in these ideals and offer a job with great potential for career development, freedom to unfold skills and competencies, and an environment that values different perspectives. Continuous improvement, learning, and growth are encouraged and even rewarded. From engineers to sales, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get ViaBill into the hands of millions of people.
The developer team consists of highly-motivated individuals who work remotely. We collaborate much like open source projects with core maintainers for our services. Each developer has a high level of freedom working in a flat hierarchy with a streamlined process where the domain experts are easily available.
We are constantly developing and striving to not only scale, but to improve our software solutions through automating processes and removing inefficiencies wherever possible. We value people who challenge the status quo.
We work with a very rapid release schedule - often releasing multiple times per day - giving us a quick and motivating feed-back loop. This allows us to experiment and adopt new trends/frameworks quickly. This also makes it very easy for a developer to see their effect on business!
As we take our business to the next level, ViaBill is seeking motivated back end developers to scale our tech, processes, and systems.
Your work will consist of..
- Being part of a highly skilled engineering team
- Building quality products in close collaboration with the business
- Making an impact on ViaBill customers with your code
- Influencing the direction of the product and technical solutions
- Working remotely - this is a fully remote position
- Working both independently and as part of a team of talented, friendly colleagues from around the world
Your background includes..
- Experience developing in Java 11
- Experience in Spring Boot, Hibernate, Camel, ActiveMQ, MariaDB, Kafka, AWS, Stripes
- DevOps/Continuous Delivery setup
- GitLab, JIRA, Jenkins
- Experience with highly automated systems
- Contributing beautiful, clean code
- B.Sc/M.Sc or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field
- Frontend experience (Angular 4, JS, HTML5, CSS3, etc.) - this is a bonus, but is not required to be considered for this position
- Primarily interested in backend development, as this is where the majority of your work will be focused
- Highly proficient in English, as this is the primary language of communication in the company
- Ultra-focused on the end user - even when working on the opposite end, you keep the perspective of the end user in mind and build solutions that enable the best experience possible
- Motivated in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Able to keep calm, focused, and prioritize under pressure
- Independent and take initiative
- Located within +/- 2-3 hours of CEST time zone