Data Scientist for an innovative FinTech
Strategy & Analytics – BI
At ViaBill, we are on the journey to become the biggest global point-of-sale financing solution in the world. Becoming the best at something isn’t easy. It takes skill, hard work, and an unmatched level of ambition and determination. Our team is international, experienced and most of all, hardworking. We come from Denmark, a country known for global companies and startups like TrustPilot, Vivino, and Zendesk - a list that will soon include ViaBill.
In four short years, we’ve grown from our first office in an art gallery in Denmark to having our team located all over the globe - the newest addition being our Manhattan office in New York City. And now we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business in Europe. From a handful of customers to handling transactions worth more than $150M per year, we aren’t afraid of new challenges and new markets.
We offer a job and environment with great potential for career development, freedom to unfold skills and competencies, and equal treatment. Everything is measured and backed up by numbers and data. If you are ready to learn, grow and perform we are ready to reward you for your hard work and success.
We won’t lie, startups take a lot of hard work. It takes something extraordinary to come out on top. And we want you to go the extra mile for the company – and yourself.
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” – Sun Tzu
Prepared to commit every inch of talent, motivation and desire to get the required results at one of the most exciting FinTech companies to come to the US and Europe? Continue reading. Not sure? Stop.
About the role
In order to reach our growth expectations and optimize our business process, we’re now looking for a Data Scientist to join the exciting journey.
This important role will be part of BI & Analytics team, which provides BI, advanced analytics, ML solutions. As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for modeling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, machine learning, algorithmic and experimental techniques. You will need to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to solve problems and create operational efficiencies. The candidate should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of business questions and present the insights. Additionally, the candidate should be highly motivated to drive issues to resolution.
You are playing a pivotal role to detect fraud and mitigate loss and generate insights about marketing, our merchants, and customers. You will help build rich datasets and state-of-art machine learning techniques to develop data products that are used by thousands of users and contribute to the growth of our business.
- Evaluate potential approaches, build features, algorithms, and determine metrics to improve the current machine learning models
- Take end to end ownership of Machine Learning systems - from data pipelines and training to real-time prediction engines
- Work cross-functionally with Product owners, engineers and other business units to improve our
- Identify new opportunities to apply Machine Learning to different parts of the product
- Fresh graduate or 1-2 years hands-on experience developing machine learning models at scale from inception to business impact
- With relevant experiences in risk management (fraud/ credit), consumer lending, consumer finance, and/or in business growth are preferred
- With quantitative background in computer science, statistics, math, and similar majors
- With deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, such as logistic regression, random forest, classification, and recommendation systems
- With a strong machine learning programming skill (Python, R, and SQL preferred)
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a self-guided manner.
- Superb communication and organization skills
- English is a must since we are an international team.
What we offer
- A key impact role and the opportunity to accelerate your career at an exciting international best-in-class growth company.
- A true strategic stake in the company’s growth as a key part of BI & Analytics team
- A fun, informal and international working atmosphere with a smart, passionate and driven team in Copenhagen, New York, and Aarhus.
We have Friday bar after work amongst other social activities. SONOS sound-filled offices centrally located. 70 professional and ambitious colleagues with an average age of 29 across 9 different countries, are eager to welcome you.
---------- oOo ----------
📍Our office is located on Grønnegade 10, 1107 Copenhagen
For more information, please visit our web site https://viabill.com/