Merchant Success Representative
New York, NY
Operations – Operations
Are you ready to dive into a new challenge with a team of committed, motivated, talented individuals seeking to build the biggest global point-of-sale financing solution?
At ViaBill, we know that becoming the best at something is not easy. It takes skill, hard work, and an unmatched level of ambition. We believe in these ideals and offer a job with great potential for career development, freedom to unfold skills and competencies, and an environment that values different perspectives. Continuous improvement, learning, and growth are encouraged and even rewarded.
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” – Sun Tzu In
The last 4 years, ViaBill has grown from our first office in an art gallery to multiple offices throughout the world - the newest addition being our New York office. From a handful of customers to handling transactions worth more than $150M per year.
From engineers to sales, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get ViaBill into the hands of millions of people.
ViaBill is looking for a Merchant Success Representative in the NY Office, to own merchant relationships and lead them distinct success stories. Merchants are our key partners and our pathway to users, thus it is highly crucial for you to make sure their problems are identified and resolved quickly. You will be working closely with all divisions of the company and will be reporting to the president of the NY Office.
We are a young, dynamic startup and you will be facing numerous issues with the merchants. Consequently, you must meticulously analyze each merchant issue, learn from them, communicate with corresponding departments, and develop an efficient solution. You will be working closely with our merchants explaining how ViaBill works, and solving their queries.
You are expected to smoothly influence people both technically and qualitatively, while remaining positive and focused under pressure. You will be the first point of contact for our merchants; hence you need to be both empathetic and professional to maintain their trust and analytically approach their problems. To achieve this, it is essential for you to know all ViaBill products by heart, coordinate with the team to diagnose the core merchant problems and identify possible solutions within ViaBill.
Within the fast-paced environment of ViaBill, you will elevate your confidence in intense situations and further improve your customer service skills. You will be given lots of responsibility, will constantly show initiative and build a deep understanding of the industry and merchant success.
What you will do
- Monitor and handle merchant support requests through different channels, diagnose and report them meticulously.
- Embrace the merchants’ issues fully and make them feel you are on their side to enable mutual trust and successful communication.
- Get proficient in all ViaBill products to offer maximum performance to the merchants and lead them to success.
- Systematically assess merchant reports to identify their root causes for their problems.
- Guide the units within ViaBill that are in contact with the merchants to maintain consistency in managing our relationships with them.
- Work with relevant departments to provide better merchant experience and functionality by developing guidelines, Q&As and a knowledge center for merchants.
What we look for
- Natural communicator, empathetic and enjoys being involved deeply with merchants’ concerns.
- Excellent team player, out-of-the-box thinker who adds value to the work environment.
- Experience developing deep merchant relationships and analytically pinpointing and solving their problems.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities that come up in a dynamic, growing startup.
- Fast learner and interested in financial and technological advancements.
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving skills to see the big picture and efficiently solve the merchant issues.
- Experience in customer service and delivering solutions to multi-scaled problems are valued.
- Advanced G-Suite, Zendesk, and Drift skills are a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- Daily lunches through MealPal
- Team events and outings
- Health, vision, dental
- Relaxed dress code - we appreciate and cherish your individuality
- Learning & development events throughout the year for you to become the best version of yourself
- Commuter benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.