Corporate Development, Associate
Financial – Financial /
Remote - Full Time
At ViaBill, we are on the journey to becoming the biggest global point-of-sale financing solution in the world. Becoming the best at something isn’t easy. It takes skill, hard work, and an unmatched level of ambition and determination. Our team is international, experienced and most of all, hardworking. We come from Denmark, a country known for global companies and startups like TrustPilot, Vivino, and Zendesk - a list that will soon include ViaBill.
In four short years, we’ve grown from our first office in an art gallery in Denmark to having our team located all over the globe - the newest addition being our Manhattan office in New York City. In February 2020 ViaBill launched in Spain. And now we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business in Europe. From a handful of customers to handling transactions worth more than $150M per year, we aren’t afraid of new challenges and new markets. In 2021, ViaBill will continue to expand into several countries in Europe. We have raised $10m in growth capital from the best investors in order to scale the company.
We won’t lie, startups take a lot of hard work. It takes something extraordinary to come out on top. And we want you to go the extra mile for the company – and yourself.
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” – Sun Tzu
We are seeking a Corporate Development, Associate, who will be involved in all managing processes including due diligence, building financial models, reviewing transaction documents, coordinating with the finance team and cultivating targets.
You will report directly to Group CFO. This is a full-time role, remote.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, mergers & acquisitions, corporate development, or another related field
- Corporate finance and basic accounting knowledge are required
- Outstanding with numbers and Excel, with the ability to build and maintain financial models - consisting of integrated financial statements and a high level of detail for projections, balance sheets and funding mechanics - for use with our board and capital providers
- FIG/Fintech previous exposure a plus
- Capable of producing documents in Word and PowerPoint that are close to “board-ready”
- Excellent commercial judgment, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- An accomplished professional who has been trained, and demonstrated success, in a rigorous environment in which consistent excellence is required, such as a top investment bank
- Eager to take ownership of key projects, ensuring steady progress and communication thereof
- Comfortable working in a transparent environment and welcomes accountability
- Comfortable in a dynamic, relatively unstructured environment
- Able to work under pressure to an exacting standard
- Flexible, versatile, willing to take on new challenges and with a great attitude
What you will do:
- Proposing, researching, and executing new business ideas; working with various teams to generate and develop new products; shaping corporate strategy
- Running the company financial model
- Supporting highly detailed discussions with current and prospective capital providers
- Performing market research and analysis of competitive and regulatory landscapes to inform the company strategy
- Analyzing organic and inorganic commercial opportunities
- Working with various teams to ensure buy-in from key stakeholders
- Managing critical projects across the company
What we offer:
- Competitive comp package
- Responsibility without limits
- Daily Lunches, snacks, drinks and fruits
- Friday bar
- Team Events
- A key impact role and the opportunity to build up your own team at an exciting international best-in-class growth company
- A true strategic stake in the company’s growth as a key part of the management team
- A fun, informal, and international working atmosphere with a smart, passionate and driven team in Copenhagen
- We are located: Grønnegade 10, 1107 Copenhagen K
For more information, please visit our web site https://viabill.com/
📩If you have an interest, please send your application, CV HR@viabill.com
About our team
We offer a job and environment with great potential for career development, freedom to unfold skills and competencies, and equal treatment. Everything is measured and backed up by numbers and data. If you are ready to learn, grow, and perform we are ready to reward you for your hard work and success.
Our highly talented team consists of 24 different nationalities, headquartered in Copenhagen (DK), and has secondary offices in New York as well as other European cities.
SONOS sound-filled offices centrally located in the historical center of Copenhagen. 100 professional and ambitious colleagues with an average age of 29, are eager to welcome you.