Head of Risk (HQ, Copenhagen)
Financial – Financial
At ViaBill, we are on the journey to become the biggest global point-of-sale financing solution in the world. Becoming the best at something isn’t easy. It takes skill, hard work, and an unmatched level of ambition and determination. Our team is international, experienced and most of all, hardworking. We come from Denmark, a country known for global companies and startups like TrustPilot, Vivino, and Zendesk - a list that will soon include ViaBill.
In four short years, we’ve grown from our first office in an art gallery in Denmark to having our team located all over the globe - the newest addition being our Manhattan office in New York City. And now we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business in Europe. From a handful of customers to handling transactions worth more than $150M per year, we aren’t afraid of new challenges and new markets.
We offer a job and environment with great potential for career development, freedom to unfold skills and competencies, and equal treatment. Everything is measured and backed up by numbers and data. If you are ready to learn, grow and perform we are ready to reward you for your hard work and success.
We won’t lie, startups take a lot of hard work. It takes something extraordinary to come out on top. And we want you to go the extra mile for the company – and yourself.
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” – Sun Tzu
Prepared to commit every inch of talent, motivation and desire to get the required results at one of the most exciting FinTech companies to come to the US and Europe? Continue reading. Not sure? Stop.
Do you want to build and lead our global world-class dynamic Credit Risk Engine? And do you want to build your team, optimizing the Credit Decision Engine and gaining market leadership with one of the World’s hottest Fintech lending companies?
Well, let’s chat then.
About The Role
- ViaBill is searching for a Head of Risk to take our Credit Decision Engine (CDE) to the next level. The Head of Risk is responsible for building a team of dedicated people to develop a CDE that works across many countries and regions, which helps our customers being assessed instantly. Every region and country contains different important parameters, so the CDE must achieve greater market agility and increase integration capabilities to local partners. The company defines metrics and KPIs for the performance of the CDE, and it’s your team’s task to build the engine which lives up to the KPIs. We can’t decline too many applications in order to completely avoid losses, and on the other hand, we must accept a certain degree of losses. It’s a fine tightrope, which takes constant A/B split testing and trial’n’error in our new decisioning platform. We must fail - and learn fast!
- The CDE is to be built on a combination of rules and machine learning. We already know a lot, but your team will enlighten us to a whole new level for the benefit of our customers.
- We expect that the team, you’ll build will consist of mathematicians and machine learning specialists, who love to nerd in statistics, analytics and Python. Your job is to make sure that the CDE can reduce risk and deliver outstanding customer experiences. You must have a commercial mindset and be able and/or willing to understand what could affect the performance of the dynamic CDE. We expect you to be driven by solving challenges and building a high-performance team.
- The ideal candidate is a strategic collaborator. You are a smart, data-driven decision-maker. You are highly adaptable, you’re ready to be scrappy and hands-on in a hyper-scale start-up. In addition, you have a passion for people development and are driven to grow and scale ViaBill forward through the inevitable ups and downs of an earlier stage FinTech company.
- This is a full-time position based out of our Copenhagen HQ office reporting to the CFO.
- 3+ years of experience working with risk assessment from e.g. a financial, lending, insurance company or similar
- You are able to dive deep into your team's processes and problems and at the same time stay strategic and respect commercial KPIs
- Your educational background is not essential, but you must be on a master level and be able to act strategically.
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on empowerment and building amazing, collaborative teams
- Problem-solving mentality, with the ability to think outside the box
- A positive can-do attitude and growth mindset
- Speak and write English at the negotiating level.
About our team
We offer a job and environment with great potential for career development, freedom to unfold skills and competencies, and equal treatment. Everything is measured and backed up by numbers and data. If you are ready to learn, grow and perform, we are ready to reward you for your hard work and success. Our highly talented team consists of 18 different nationalities, headquartered in Copenhagen (DK), and has secondary offices in New York as well as other European cities.
SONOS sound-filled offices centrally located in Copenhagen K. 70 professional and ambitious colleagues with an average age of 29 are eager to welcome you.
What we offer
Competitive comp package
Responsibility without limits
A key impact role and the opportunity to build up your own team at an exciting international best-in-class growth company.
A true strategic stake in the company’s growth as a key part of the management team
A fun, informal and international working atmosphere with a smart, passionate and driven team in Copenhagen.