Principal Software Engineer (Platform Team)
Technology & Development – Engineering /
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our platform uses advanced machine learning techniques and the newest big data processing technologies, and is deployed in a distributed, multi-region, cloud-based infrastructure. As a technical lead you will oversee the design and implementation of big data systems, working with petabytes of data and real-time map reduce to match against billions of transactions in real-time. You will work on a variety of projects from end-to-end and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop a long term vision for our platform.
- Determine a long-term technical vision and scope of future projects, while continuously developing and reviewing existing projects
- Lead end-to-end product development efforts for Adelphic’s suite of products
- Own & contribute to major features & areas of the products
- Work closely with cross-functional teams internally as well as customers externally to understand pain points and underserved needs to identify opportunities
- Mentor engineers who thrive working in an innovative, user-focused, and fast paced environment
- Drive initiatives to reduce operational load, and build operationally sustainable products
GREAT TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- 8+ years of experience in commercial software applications
- Knowledge of modern programming languages, especially Java and GO
- Knowledge of relational databases like MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server, experience in writing SQL
- Knowledge of cloud based technologies, especially AWS, Azure or GCP
- Hands on experience designing, building and delivering high quality scalable, operationally sustainable software
- Ad tech industry experience is a plus
WHO WE ARE
- Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic®, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certification and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
LIFE AT VIANT
- Investing in our employee’s professional growth is important to us, but so is investing in their well-being. That’s why Viant was voted one of the best places to work and some of our favorite employee benefits include fully paid health insurance, paid parental leave and unlimited PTO and more.
- Base compensation range: $180,100-$240,500
- In accordance with California law, the range provided is Viant’s reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. Final title and compensation for the position will be based on several factors including work experience and education.
Not the right position for you? Check out our other opportunities!
Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading people-based advertising technology company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service demand side platform (“DSP”) powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. As an organization committed to sustainability, Viant’s Adricity® carbon reduction program helps clients achieve their sustainability goals. In 2023, Viant was recognized by G2 as a Leader in the DSP category and as the Best Software in Marketing & Advertising, earned Great Place to Work® certification, and became a founding member of Ad Net Zero. Viant’s Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were also recently named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 334 employees in 10 offices around the U.S. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
Viant is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Viant prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, reproductive health decision making, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Viant also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
By clicking “Apply for this Job” and providing any information, I accept the Viant California Personnel Privacy Notice.