Senior Tax Manager
Los Angeles, CA
General & Administrative – Accounting /
For over 23 years, Viant has been a leader in digital advertising, transforming the way marketers connect their brands with consumers. Our industry-leading software, Adelphic, is used every day by the world’s premier brands and agencies to plan, execute and measure the success of their programmatic advertising campaigns. With a culture built on our key company values of Live, Lead, Create and Figure it Out, we’re serious about investing in our employees and are dedicated to creating an inclusive and collaborative environment. At Viant, you’ll have the chance to make a big impact at an exciting time in our company’s history – we’re growing fast on the heels of our recent IPO. If you’re a strategic thinker and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced industry, we want to hear from you.
- Review of the partnership and corporate federal income tax returns, and state income tax returns, including all related analyses and support.
- Review and manage U.S. federal and state income tax compliance prepared by external tax service providers.
- Assist in the preparation and review of the annual and quarterly income tax provision (ASC 740) and all related assumptions, analyses, journal entries, calculations and footnote disclosures. Includes management and coordination with finance and accounting departments, along with collaboration with external service providers.
- Assist in the preparation of the cash tax forecast for partnerships and corporations.
- Preparation of quarterly corporate income tax estimates and partner distributions. Includes coordination with finance and accounting departments.
- Prepare and manage personal property tax, business tax license renewals, state/municipal gross receipts tax, sales & use tax filings, and other indirect tax filings as required for the Company.
- Manage and oversee audits of federal and state income tax, as well as assist with sales tax and other local filings.
- Conduct tax research and work on projects to minimize tax burden and reduce the Company’s effective tax rate and cash taxes.
- Provide support to the finance, accounting and legal departments regarding non-income tax matters, such as personal property tax, business tax license renewals, sales & use tax, etc.
- Maintain an effective internal control environment to ensure compliance with financial reporting standards and SOX regulations.
- Adopt new tax software and implement processing changes as required.
- Manage relationships with internal departments, external service providers and other consulting resources.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience with Big 4 (or equivalent) and/or large corporate tax department of a multi-national company, with solid experience preparing and reviewing U.S. income tax provisions, including SEC reporting, and statutory reporting requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related field required.
- CPA license required.
- Experience in Partnership income tax compliance and reporting requirements.
- Experience in Corporate income tax and strong ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes skills.
- Excellent analytical, technical, research and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance.
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding internal and external business relationships.
- Strong leadership, business development, training, mentoring skills coupled with excellent written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must work well in a dynamic, fast paced, high growth environment.
- Self-starter with the ability and willingness to exercise independent judgment and take appropriate action.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop with business leaders across the organization.
- Strong time management skills; able to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple priorities/expectations in accordance with deadlines.
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
$140,000 - $160,000 a year
Base compensation range: $140,000 - $160,000
In accordance with California law, the range provided is Viant’s reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. Final title and compensation for the position will be based on several factors including work experience and education.
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 11 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic®, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. As an organization committed to sustainability, Viant’s Adricity® carbon reduction program helps clients achieve their sustainability goals. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certification, became founding a member of Ad Net Zero, and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
Viant is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Viant prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, reproductive health decision making, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Viant also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
By clicking “Apply for this Job” and providing any information, I accept the Viant California Personnel Privacy Notice.