Director, Software Engineering (Platform Team)
Technology & Development – Engineering /
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Director of Software Engineering will manage a team of Full Stack and Backend engineers on our Platform team. This individual will acquire a deep technical understanding of Viant’s Demand Side Platform and drive the development of our core systems. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in scalable distributed systems and architecture, with experience planning, managing, and executing a technical roadmap to develop and implement significant and innovative products that are critical to the ongoing success of Viant.
- Lead the development of high quality, impactful, scalable products and systems that delight users and achieve business goals.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to optimize platform performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Own the technical strategic roadmap planning for your domain, and help shape the engineering strategy for the organization.
- Cross-functional collaboration and stakeholder management with organizational leadership in PM, Business Development, Marketing, Sales, Legal, and Finance.
- Be willing to roll up sleeves and code / design on occasion, collaborating with the engineering team to contribute to critical projects, conduct code reviews, and provide technical guidance when necessary while balancing leadership responsibilities.
- Hire, grow and operate high-efficiency teams. Ensure highest standards in engineering and quality practices, speed of delivery, architecture and design, processes and code quality.
- Foster a culture of continuous growth and improvement through coaching, mentoring, feedback and clear measurable outcomes.
GREAT TO HAVE
- 12+ years of experience, including 5+ years’ experience managing teams.
- 5+ years of experience working with geographically remote teams and contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Masters preferred.
- 7+ years hands on programming capabilities in Java and/or GoLang.
- Track record in building large, horizontally scalable distributed systems .
- Intimate knowledge of different cloud providers and services, especially AWS and GCP.
- Experience building large customer facing applications.
- Successful experience with agile development and continuous integration processes.
- Ad tech industry experience highly preferred.
WHO WE ARE
- Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic®, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certification and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
LIFE AT VIANT
- Investing in our employee’s professional growth is important to us, but so is investing in their well-being. That’s why Viant was voted one of the best places to work and some of our favorite employee benefits include fully paid health insurance, paid parental leave and unlimited PTO and more.
- Base compensation range: $180,100-$240,500
- In accordance with California law, the range provided is Viant’s reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. Final title and compensation for the position will be based on several factors including work experience and education.
$180,100 - $240,500 a year
Not the right position for you? Check out our other opportunities!
Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic®, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. As an organization committed to sustainability, Viant’s Adricity® carbon reduction program helps clients achieve their sustainability goals. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certification, became founding a member of Ad Net Zero, and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
Viant is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Viant prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, reproductive health decision making, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Viant also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
By clicking “Apply for this Job” and providing any information, I accept the Viant California Personnel Privacy Notice.