Principal Product Manager
Technology & Development – Product /
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. As a Principal Product Manager, you will identify customer needs to create innovative products through research, data analysis, vendors and partner feedback. You will own the product vision, strategy, definition, and delivery to market. You will draw upon your understanding of technical product management and business expertise to define and rapidly execute on iterative improvements in our current products as well as innovative cross-functional solutions driving impact at scale for Viant's DSP.
- Own and drive the strategy, roadmap, and execution to deliver products to market.
- Bring your creative thinking, knowledge of industry practices, and innovation to drive integrated solutions (technology, process, and data) across product development.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Develop detailed business requirements, user stories, and product specifications to be used to develop technical architecture and plans.
- Work with engineering teams to shape and evaluate technical architectures to deliver against product requirements and goals.
- Work with marketing, account development, and sales to execute the go to market strategy.
- Define the key inputs for your product and your success metrics, establishing processes and mechanisms to effectively grow and manage your programs and stakeholders.
- Exhibit deep analytical ability and develop great expertise in metrics, working to constantly evolve how we analyze and communicate data and insights to our advertisers.
- Leverage consumer insights or competitive intelligence reports to help explain online behavioral trends and inform product decisions.
- Collaborate with senior leadership on product vision and product roadmap and driving product-market fit
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills to engaging and partner with businesses leaders, sales and business development teams, product teams, and external customers
- Communicate effectively, partnering effectively with other leaders in product, design, engineering, science and business intelligence to influence priorities and drive alignment.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Think big, deal with ambiguity and innovate on behalf of customers.
GREAT TO HAVE
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to complex problems, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of product discovery and product delivery
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- Ad Tech experience or understanding of Ad Networks, Exchanges, Real-time Bidding, Programmatic, Demand Side Platforms, Supply Side Platforms, Data Management Platforms, onboarding and Identity Management Platforms preferred
LIFE AT VIANT
- Investing in our employee’s professional growth is important to us, but so is investing in their well-being. That’s why Viant was voted one of the best places to work and some of our favorite employee benefits include fully paid health insurance, paid parental leave and unlimited PTO and more.
$210,000 - $260,000 a year
Base salary range: $210,000 - $260,000
In accordance with California law, the range provided is Viant’s reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. Final title and compensation for the position will be based on several factors including work experience and education.
Not the right position for you? Check out our other opportunities!
Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading people-based advertising technology company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service demand side platform (“DSP”) powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. As an organization committed to sustainability, Viant’s Adricity® carbon reduction program helps clients achieve their sustainability goals. In 2023, Viant was recognized by G2 as a Leader in the DSP category and as the Best Software in Marketing & Advertising, earned Great Place to Work® certification, and became a founding member of Ad Net Zero. Viant’s Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were also recently named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 334 employees in 10 offices around the U.S. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
Viant is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Viant prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, reproductive health decision making, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Viant also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
By clicking “Apply for this Job” and providing any information, I accept the Viant California Personnel Privacy Notice.