Head of Investor Relations
General & Administrative – Finance /
For over 21 years, Viant has been a leader in digital advertising, transforming the way marketers connect their brands with consumers. Our industry-leading software, Adelphic, is used every day by the world’s premier brands and agencies to plan, execute and measure the success of their programmatic advertising campaigns. With a culture built on our key company values of Live, Lead, Create and Figure it Out, we’re serious about investing in our employees and are dedicated to creating an inclusive and collaborative environment. At Viant, you’ll have the chance to make a big impact at an exciting time in our company’s history – we’re growing fast on the heels of our recent IPO. If you’re a strategic thinker and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced industry, we want to hear from you.
This position reports to the CFO and will work closely with the C-Suite as well as Corporate Finance, Marketing and Communications teams. The successful candidate will be joining a team that is focused on building a world-class public company and investor relations program. The Sr. Director of Investor Relations will be responsible for creating the strategy, framework and tactics to ensure the Company is appropriately and strategically positioned with equity analysts, institutional investors and other key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a history of success in building transparent and credible relationships within the organization and with analysts and investors in the investment community.
- Develop a strong, well-regarded investor relations strategy and framework that enhances Viant’s reputation and supports value creation
- Leading role in developing investor confidence and belief in the Company’s vision and strategy for delivering shareholder value
- Articulate the company’s mission, strategies, and financial and operational results. Communicate feedback and perceptions to executive management
- Serve as primary liaison with the investment community and equity research analysts ensuring Viant presents clear and consistent messaging to key stakeholders
- Develop and manage targeted investor outreach programs to broaden awareness of and investment in Viant. Expand the shareholder base for Viant stock
- Leading role in the quarterly and annual earnings preparation processes including executive Q&A, scripts, data analysis and other prep materials. Interact with internal teams to obtain data and content
- Contribute to the planning and management of investor events (conferences, road shows, investor meetings), investor presentations, briefing materials, press releases, fact sheets, etc
- Monitor and report on industry and peer company information and practices by tracking research reports, news, earnings calls, events and other relevant resources
- Aggregate and analyze financial models developed by the investment community and compare against internal projections
- Participate in the process of evaluating product, business and operational statistics to be shared externally
- Anticipate market reaction to proposed transactions and operating results
- Manage the company’s website (in relation to Investor Relations) to ensure timely and effective dissemination of key disclosures. Identify opportunities to enhance external investor resources
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate effectively with key internal stakeholders
- Identify and execute strategic and tactical ideas for the continuous improvement of the IR program
- BS/BA degree in a related field required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience, including 2+ years in an investor relations leadership role with a public company with a strong track record of creating positive relations with institutional investors and equity research analysts
- Investment banking experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of SEC laws and securities disclosure requirements, as well as filing requirements
- Proven ability to gain trust and negotiate mutually beneficial business objectives with potential targets and within the organization
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and develop/apply simplifying frameworks to facilitate broader organizational understanding, decision-making, and action
- Proficient at leveraging analytics, data, financial models, and insights to drive decision-making.
- Excellent project management skills: able to effectively manage multiple ongoing projects to meet deadlines
- Outcome oriented with very strong ability to personally create high quality, customer-facing presentations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exhibits Viant’s company values of Live, Lead, Create and Figure it Out
- Open to travel as needed to meet with investors or analysts or other stakeholders
- Experience with fast-growing, entrepreneurial companies
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including messaging skills, applied confidently and consistently in a high-pressure environment under tight deadlines.
- Ability to synthesize information in a clear and simple manner and translate and effectively communicate technical information to non- technical professionals
- Effective networking skills and experience quickly building trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent judgment, discretion and integrity
- High proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and CapIQ
- Investing in our employee’s professional growth is important to us, but so is investing in their well-being. That’s why Viant was voted one of the best places to work and some of our favorite employee benefits include fully paid health insurance, paid parental leave and unlimited PTO and more.
$175,000 - $220,000 a year
Base compensation range: $175,000 - $220,000
In accordance with California law, the range provided is Viant’s reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. Final title and compensation for the position will be based on several factors including work experience and education.
Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic®, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. As an organization committed to sustainability, Viant’s Adricity® carbon reduction program helps clients achieve their sustainability goals. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certification, became founding a member of Ad Net Zero, and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
Viant is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Viant prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, reproductive health decision making, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Viant also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
By clicking “Apply for this Job” and providing any information, I accept the Viant California Personnel Privacy Notice.