Sr. Manager, Corporate Finance
Irvine, CA /
General & Administrative – Finance /
Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
The Viant Finance team seeks a Senior Manager, Corporate Finance, responsible for all aspects of financial planning and analysis including assignments used to assess the strategic initiatives of the company, such as M&A transactions and new product developments. This is a highly analytical, hands-on role in a fast-paced environment, requiring the ideal candidate to perform effectively as an individual and collaboratively as part of a team. The Senior Manager, Corporate Finance will be reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Finance, collaborating closely with the VP of Corporate Finance and the EVP of Corporate Finance & Accounting, and interfacing with the CFO and other key stakeholders.
- Deliver accurate and timely financial projections, forecasts, and analysis of relevant financial and operational information as required for the leadership team.
- Preparation of Board decks and associated support schedules, reports, presentations and other analysis for senior management to ensure management has access to timely and relevant data for strategic decisions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to help optimize business performance, including identification of trends, gaps, insights and opportunity areas within the business.
- Design and maintain reports and dashboards to track key performance metrics.
- Contribute to the earnings preparation process, including: Forecasts, presentations, scripts, and other financial-related materials.
- Provide analytical support, business analysis, and financial modeling for M&A, including financial and valuation analyses, preparing presentation materials, and participating in the execution of transactions.
- Providing support and working closely with the EVP of Corporate Finance & Accounting, the Corporate Finance team, and the Accounting staff.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- 2+ years of experience managing people and/or projects
- Experience in Big 4, investment banking, private equity or a private equity-backed company a plus
- Experience working at an AdTech/Digital Media company a plus
- BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, and/or Mathematics (CPA, MBA and/or CFA a plus)
- Advanced financial modeling skills (including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement); strong Excel experience required
- Strong analytical thinker with an eye for relevant detail, priority management and planning capabilities
- In depth understanding of key accounting concepts and the interaction between an income statement, balance sheet and cash flow
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions
- Strong communications skills to clearly present key issues and recommended actions
- Excellent interpersonal and refined relationship-building skills
- Ability to summarize granular data into high-level executive management analysis and presentations
- Motivation, aptitude and presence to interact with and participate in projects with senior management
- Maintains trust and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to multi-task conflicting priorities simultaneously
- Self-starter who is consistently proactive and uses time efficiently and has a “figure it out” mentality
- Experience with and comfortable working through ambiguity and building processes / reporting from scratch
- Willingness to go the extra mile, manage own workload, and work overtime as needed
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
- Base compensation range: $121,200 - $151,500
- In accordance with California law, the range provided is Viant’s reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. Final title and compensation for the position will be based on several factors including work experience and education.
Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic®, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. As an organization committed to sustainability, Viant’s Adricity® carbon reduction program helps clients achieve their sustainability goals. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certification, became founding a member of Ad Net Zero, and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
Viant is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Viant prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, reproductive health decision making, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Viant also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
By clicking “Apply for this Job” and providing any information, I accept the Viant California Personnel Privacy Notice.