Director, Sales, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
Sales – Core /
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Viant has an exciting opportunity on our Los Angeles sales team for a high impact Director of Sales to evangelize new business, generate awareness, and grow sales of the Viant DSP within Los Angeles agencies and advertisers. This is a tremendous opportunity to have an instrumental role in the evolvement of a territory.
- Guide team to source and close new business to regularly meet and exceed sales goals
- Develop an intimate understanding of Viant’s products and their place in the industry
- Build relationships with senior level executives across agencies and brands
- Work cross functionally with our Enterprise and Agency Partnerships teams
- Lead discovery sessions to identify the customer’s key needs and pain points
- Conduct storytelling product demonstrations that highlight the value the solution brings to the client
- Develop action plans for key accounts for both immediate and long-term revenue opportunities across the territory
- Have strong ability to forecast revenue and predict market trends across account list
- Oversee prospecting, perform in-person presentations, help facilitate RFP’s, and close accounts
- Deliver product feedback to operations leaders to ensure the voice of the customer is recognized
- Partner with Account Management and Client Service teams to achieve clients’ objectives and KPIs.
- Participate in industry events and conferences
GREAT TO HAVE
- 7+ years digital media/ad tech sales experience, with 4+ years in the platform/DSP/DMP/programmatic space
- 4+ years management experience with a proven track record building, leading and mobilizing high performing ad tech sales teams
- Strong rolodex of high level agency and client-direct relationships in Los Angeles and surrounding region
- Comfortable calling on all levels of an organization along with the ability to lead senior level meetings
- Solid understanding of digital advertising fundamentals, processes and technologies
- Outgoing, charismatic, dynamic personality, passionate, driven and adept at creating professional relationships, strong coaching/mentoring skills
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to QA own work
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiarity with CRM software a plus (i.e., Salesforce)
- Bachelor’s degree required
WHO WE ARE
- Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Viant DSP, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certification and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
LIFE AT VIANT
- Investing in our employee’s professional growth is important to us, but so is investing in their well-being. That’s why Viant was voted one of the best places to work and some of our favorite employee benefits include fully paid health insurance, paid parental leave and unlimited PTO and more.
$138,000 - $168,000 a year
In accordance with California law, the range provided is Viant’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. Actual total compensation includes commissions and will be based on several factors including work experience and education.
Not the right position for you? Check out our other opportunities!
Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading people-based advertising technology company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service demand side platform (“DSP”) powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. As an organization committed to sustainability, Viant’s Adricity® carbon reduction program helps clients achieve their sustainability goals. In 2023, Viant was recognized by G2 as a Leader in the DSP category and as the Best Software in Marketing & Advertising, earned Great Place to Work® certification, and became a founding member of Ad Net Zero. Viant’s Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were also recently named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 334 employees in 10 offices around the U.S. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
Viant is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Viant prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, reproductive health decision making, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Viant also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
By clicking “Apply for this Job” and providing any information, I accept the Viant California Personnel Privacy Notice.