General & Administrative – Legal /
The Commercial Counsel will be primarily responsible for reviewing, drafting and negotiating day-to-day commercial agreements across all business functions (e.g., Sales, Business Development, Finance, Marketing). This position will also support a wide variety of legal needs as they arise. This role will be expected to demonstrate sound judgement, balance legal and business risk and proactively tackle projects in new situations
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements relating to digital media advertising, including master services agreements, data protection agreements, data licenses, digital advertising inventory agreements/insertion orders, SaaS agreements and professional services contracts.
- Advise on structuring transactions, contract and privacy compliance and a variety of commercial and operational issues.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of commercial contracting policies and compliance practices.
- Draft and review various marketing materials, including press releases, consumer emails, white papers, blogs and video scripts.
- Support other legal department activities, such as M&A, employment, IP portfolio management and litigation, on an as-needed basis.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working at an in-house legal department with a focus in adtech, digital media, media, advertising, or other relevant field.
- Juris doctorate from a top-ranked ABA-accredited school.
- Must be a member in good standing of an applicable state.
- Strong professionalism, collegiality, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in digital advertising, technology, data practices, and/or licensing.
- Familiarity with data privacy laws in a commercial context.
- Good business judgment and excellent writing skills
- Ability to provide practical, solution-oriented counsel in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to handle matters outside areas of expertise when required.
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts - e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchens in our offices
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
$143,000 - $205,000 a year
Base compensation range: $143,000 - $205,000
In accordance with California law, the range provided is Viant’s reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. Final title and compensation for the position will be based on several factors including work experience and education.
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 10 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic®, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. As an organization committed to sustainability, Viant’s Adricity® carbon reduction program helps clients achieve their sustainability goals. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certification, became founding a member of Ad Net Zero, and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
Viant is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Viant prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, reproductive health decision making, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Viant also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
By clicking “Apply for this Job” and providing any information, I accept the Viant California Personnel Privacy Notice.