Technology & Development – Corp IT /
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Viant is seeking a qualified Security Engineer who will ensure our internal applications and cloud platforms are designed with the highest security standards in mind. The Security Engineer will be tasked with improving security of the company’s infrastructure, protecting against security threats including intrusions, ransomware, malware, system-level breaches, unauthorized access, insider attacks and loss of proprietary information.
- Maintain an expert level understanding of attacks, vectors and emergent threats.
- Vulnerability Testing: Regularly conduct vulnerability assessment and penetration testing on our IT systems.
- Work across teams to ensure relevant secure technology and practices are in place and being appropriately managed.
- Risk Analysis: Evaluate the organization’s security needs and establish best practices and standards based on this analysis.
- Training: Provide staff with regular cyber security awareness training to ensure consistent best practices.
- Updates: Stay current with the latest technologies and solutions in the cyber security space.
- Develop and oversee security monitoring for Production, QA, Development & Corporate IT systems to create a deep understanding of trends, anomalies and incidents.
- Work with Compliance team to design and manage comprehensive internal and cloud application monitoring.
- Work with developers to ensure applications meet security requirements.
- Enforce compliance of Privacy and data usage policies.
- Perform as part of our Crisis Management team.
- Create and engineer automations to be more efficient handling security related incidents and events.
- Implement, manage and consistently review security tooling such as SIEM and Vulnerability management.
- Be part of an on-call rotation to handle alerts and incident response on a 24x7 basis.
GREAT TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, or a related field and a minimum of 3+ years experience in a cyber security role.
- Proficient in various security software and technologies and familiarity with security tooling used in popular cloud providers (AWS/GCP preferred).
- Knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape.
- Preferred certifications: CISSP, CISM, CEH
- Familiar with user data privacy regulatory requirements
- Experience working with scripting and programming languages such as Python to interface with APIs
- Experience with a public company or working with external auditors and SOX compliance.
WHO WE ARE
- Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic®, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certification and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
LIFE AT VIANT
- Investing in our employee’s professional growth is important to us, but so is investing in their well-being. That’s why Viant was voted one of the best places to work and some of our favorite employee benefits include fully paid health insurance, paid parental leave and unlimited PTO and more.
$121,500 - $150,000 biweekly
Base: $121,500 - $150,000 a year
In accordance with California law, the range provided is Viant’s reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. Final title and compensation for the position will be based on several factors including work experience and education.
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 11 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic®, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. As an organization committed to sustainability, Viant’s Adricity® carbon reduction program helps clients achieve their sustainability goals. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certification, became founding a member of Ad Net Zero, and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
Viant is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Viant prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, reproductive health decision making, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Viant also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
By clicking “Apply for this Job” and providing any information, I accept the Viant California Personnel Privacy Notice.