Sr. Full-Stack Software Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Technology & Development – Engineering /
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our Engineering team works on the development of the Viant platform in an agile environment. You would have the opportunity to work on the design and implementation of big data systems, working with petabytes of data and real-time map reduce to match against billions of transactions in real-time. Our platform uses advanced machine learning techniques and the newest big data processing technologies, and is deployed in a distributed, multi-region, cloud-based infrastructure.
- Designing, developing, testing, debugging and deploying applications and reports using various technologies in a hybrid cloud environment in AWS and GCE.
- Writing SQL queries.
- Need to be able to easily switch between client-side and server-side technologies.
- Solving complex performance problems, architectural challenges and production issues.
- Working with product owners, fellow engineers and operations team members.
- Following organization processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc duties as needed.
GREAT TO HAVE:
- Minimum B.S in computer science, mathematics or related field.
- 8+ years experience in computer science.
- Experience with any one of OOP related languages like Java or C#, etc.
- Experience with web services or RESTful services or micro-services.
- Experience with databases like MySQL or SQL Server or Oracle or Postgres.
Desired Technical Skills:
- Exposure or understanding to GoLang.
- Exposure to cloud-based technologies like GCE, AWS.
- Exposure to container-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of NoSQL technologies.
- Exposure or understanding of caching technologies like EHCache, Redis, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of queuing / pub-sub technologies like Amazon SNS/SQS, Kafka, etc.
- Exposure to project management software like JIRA, Asana, Rally, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of mobile application development using Xamarin or React Native.
- Exposure or understanding of Content Delivery Network like AWS CloudFront, Akamai, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of cloud storage like S3, GCS, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of APM technologies like AppDynamics, New Relic, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of monitoring technologies like Sensu, Nagios, Cacti, etc.
LIFE AT VIANT
- Investing in our employee’s professional growth is important to us, but so is investing in their well-being. That’s why Viant was voted one of the best places to work and some of our favorite employee benefits include fully paid health insurance, paid parental leave and unlimited PTO and more.
- Base compensation range: $135,000 - $180,000
- In accordance with California law, the range provided is Viant’s reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. Final title and compensation for the position will be based on several factors including work experience and education.
Not the right position for you? Check out our other opportunities!
Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic®, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. As an organization committed to sustainability, Viant’s Adricity® carbon reduction program helps clients achieve their sustainability goals. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certification, became founding a member of Ad Net Zero, and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
Viant is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Viant prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, reproductive health decision making, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Viant also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
By clicking “Apply for this Job” and providing any information, I accept the Viant California Personnel Privacy Notice.