Director, Corporate Finance
Irvine, CA /
General & Administrative – Finance /
For over 21 years, Viant has been a leader in digital advertising, transforming the way marketers connect their brands with consumers. Our industry-leading software, Adelphic, is used every day by the world’s premier brands and agencies to plan, execute and measure the success of their programmatic advertising campaigns. With a culture built on our key company values of Live, Lead, Create and Figure it Out, we’re serious about investing in our employees and are dedicated to creating an inclusive and collaborative environment. At Viant, you’ll have the chance to make a big impact at an exciting time in our company’s history – we’re growing fast on the heels of our recent IPO. If you’re a strategic thinker and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced industry, we want to hear from you.
The Viant Finance team seeks a Director, Corporate Finance, responsible for managing the Corporate Finance activity at Viant’s corporate headquarters and reports to the Sr. Director, Corporate Finance. Specifically, the Director, Corporate Finance will be responsible for managing short and long-term financial models for key business units, developing scenarios and forecasts and supporting high-profile, high-impact growth initiatives for the company. They will lead planning and analytics processes, calculating the monetary effects of potential business decisions, and act as a grounded strategic partner for the leadership team. As part of a lean team, this high-visibility position will have a direct impact on business decisions. This is a hands-on, analytical, leadership role in a fast-paced environment requiring the ideal candidate to perform effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
- Lead financial planning and analysis activities, including financial reporting, consistent with the Company’s strategic plan, and short and long-term goals and objectives
- Lead the preparation of Board decks and associated support schedules, reports, presentations, and other analysis for leadership team to ensure they have access to timely and relevant data for strategic decisions
- Deliver accurate and timely financial projections, forecasts, and analysis of relevant financial and operational information as required for the leadership team
- Development of all budgets, forecasts and supporting analysis, requiring the ability to build and maintain sophisticated Excel financial models utilizing the latest best practices and dynamic formulas
- Contribute to the earnings preparation process, including: Forecasts, presentations, scripts, and other financial-related materials
- Providing leadership in re-designing and implementing changes and controls to automate and streamline current models and processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to help optimize business performance, including identification of trends, gaps, insights and opportunity areas within the business
- Provide analytical support, business analysis, and financial modeling for M&A, including financial and valuation analyses, preparing presentation materials, and participating in the execution of transactions
- Lead special finance projects
- Ability to act as a senior partner and advisor by demonstrating outstanding financial analysis, communications, interpretation, and scenario planning skills resulting in improved business results
- Solid understanding of key accounting concepts and the interaction between an income statement, balance sheet and cash flow
- Strong communication skills and ability to tailor messaging as required for audiences of varying level of seniority and technical expertise
- Advanced financial modeling skills; strong Excel experience required
- Strong analytical thinker with an eye for relevant detail, priority management and planning capabilities
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Organized with the ability to adapt to varied and changing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, and experience managing conflicting priorities
- Experience with and comfortable working through ambiguity and building processes / reporting from scratch
- Self-starter who is consistently proactive and uses time efficiently and has a “figure-it-out” mentality
- Solution-oriented with the ability to identify and overcome obstacles in a timely manner and recommend/develop alternative solutions
- Willingness to go the extra mile, manage own workload, and work overtime as needed
- Collaborative team player
- Positive attitude
- Motivated to develop and grow career
- BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, and/or Mathematics (CPA, MBA and/or CFA a plus)
- 10+ years of progressive experience in high level financial analysis and/or reporting positions
- Experience in Big 4, investment banking, private equity or a private equity-backed company is a plus
- Experience working at an AdTech/Digital Media company a plus
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills required
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
- Base compensation range: $150,000 - $180,000
- In accordance with California law, the range provided is Viant’s reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. Final title and compensation for the position will be based on several factors including work experience and education.
Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic®, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. As an organization committed to sustainability, Viant’s Adricity® carbon reduction program helps clients achieve their sustainability goals. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certification, became founding a member of Ad Net Zero, and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
Viant is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Viant prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, reproductive health decision making, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Viant also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
By clicking “Apply for this Job” and providing any information, I accept the Viant California Personnel Privacy Notice.