Watertown, MA /
Via Separations is a rapidly growing Boston-area startup dedicated to eliminating CO2 emissions from industrial manufacturing processes. At the intersection of engineering, society, and impact, our team is passionate about making a difference and building the technology and organization to do it. We are a fast-paced, interdisciplinary team backed by leading venture capital firms. Our team has tripled in size in the last year, and we are looking to add talented, mission-driven people to our cohort.
We are passionate about global climate impact, optimistic about scientific progress, and unafraid of hard problems. We believe that our people are our unfair advantage, and drive our mission forward. We embrace the diversity of our team for creative solutions and believe the best ideas come from the intersection of disciplines and perspectives. We want you to join us!
As a Process Engineer, you will work alongside a team of engineers and scientists to design and build new membrane systems aimed at industrial decarbonization. You will be responsible for design improvements to existing membrane systems and designing new systems at scales ranging from small test rigs to pilot scale. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will own project scoping, timelines and deliverables. Our first-of-a-kind systems service chemical and other challenging industries that require processing of sophisticated mixtures. Initial systems are designed to adapt reverse osmosis to the pulp and paper industry. This role has enormous growth potential as headcount increases, systems scale, and the organization continues to build scope and influence.
- Develop industrial pumping, filtration, mixing, storage, and membrane systems.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to evaluate membrane performance and use engineering fundamentals to conceive of new system designs.
- Develop, modify, and maintain project-specific process design packages (PFDs, BOMs, P&IDs, etc.).
- Maintain and improve existing test equipment to repair damaged equipment and improve performance.
- Design, set-up, and execute hands-on experiments and engineering builds.
- Lead hazard analysis on various systems (FMEA, HAZOP, etc.)
- Provide training and direction to customers, and contractors and internal staff
- Create component specifications (RFQs), selecting parts, and contacting vendors
- Provide on-site oversight and support for systems to ensure customer satisfaction on field deployments
- Analyze process performance and summarize findings in reports and presentations.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in process engineering role.
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- You must be: organized & detail-oriented, adaptable, able to prioritize and balance multiple projects, team-oriented, and love to troubleshoot and think critically.
- U.S. Work authorization is required for this role.
- Competitive compensation package, including equity options
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Disability & Life Insurance
- 12 weeks paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- 15 days of annual PTO
- 15 days paid company holidays
At Via, we value and prioritize diversity of thought, access, and experiences, and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.