Project Expeditor, Supply Chain
Watertown, MA /
Via Separations is a rapidly growing Boston-area startup dedicated to eliminating CO2 emissions from industrial manufacturing processes. At the intersection of engineering, society, and impact, our team is passionate about making a difference and building the technology and organization to do it. We are a fast-paced, interdisciplinary team backed by leading venture capital firms. Our team has tripled in size in the last year, and we are looking to add talented, mission-driven people to our cohort.
We are passionate about global climate impact, optimistic about scientific progress, and unafraid of hard problems. We believe that our people are our unfair advantage, and drive our mission forward. We embrace the diversity of our team for creative solutions and believe the best ideas come from the intersection of disciplines and perspectives. We want you to join us!
You will have the opportunity to join a hard-working and quickly growing team, and have an immediate impact within a high-impact startup. In this role, you will be involved in a variety of material and logistics management activities. As Via’s Project Expeditor, you will liaise with vendors, 3rd party logistics & warehouse partners and manage the shipping, tracking and delivery of company products. You will work within our tight-knit Operations teams, and collaborate closely with additional teams including Finance, Data Science, and Engineering.
- Source, vet and establish partnerships with suitable Third Party Logistics (3PL) providers based on company project needs
- Manage weekly communications with suppliers to support inbound and outbound materials tracking that meets project requirements
- Increase operational efficiency by creating and improving 3PL standards and processes for tracking
- Maintain material production and delivery schedules; ensure interdepartmental communication for improved coordination of operations
- Collaborate with Project Managers to update delivery timelines
- Compile, record and report project performance and progress to management and key stakeholders.
- Ensure 3PL leaders and operators meet Via values, best practices, and business interests are being met
- Work with 3PL partners to manage through any shipping and delivery roadblocks that may occur for materials in delivery process
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3-5+ years of experience working in Supply Chain /Expediting/Operations/Logistics/Purchasing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint; warehouse management software, ERP application
- Experience with, and knowledge around, all of distribution: inbound operations, outbound operations, inventory control operations, continuous improvements, KPI tracking, and contracting
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills. Strong interpersonal skills to develop excellent working relationships at various levels across the organization and with 3rd party service providers
- Work effectively with others, build and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with co-workers
- Detail-oriented with strong clerical skills
- Ability to work independently in an informal yet collaborative environment
- U.S. Work Authorization is required for this role.
- Competitive compensation package, including equity options
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Disability & Life Insurance
- 12 weeks paid Maternity & Paternity Leave
- 15 days of annual PTO
- 15 days paid company holidays
At Via, we value and prioritize diversity of thought, access, and experiences, and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.