VP/Director of Business Development and Partnerships
Via Software is a conversational commerce platform that is shifting the way businesses and consumers interact. Our software enables businesses to deliver more personal and relevant interactions with customers across the most popular messaging and voice channels, driving customer satisfaction and loyalty. The company is in hyper-growth mode as it continues to see rapid adoption amongst customers who are seeking to redefine the way they reach their customers.
Less than a year after closing its seed round, Via Software has recently raised a significant Series A led by Footwork VC, a venture capital firm founded by Nikhil Basu Trivedi and Mike Smith. Nikhil is a former partner at Shasta Ventures, and has invested in leading companies such as the design software maker Canva, people management software maker Lattice, fitness start-up Tonal, and debt manager Tally. Smith is the former president and COO of Stitch Fix, and remains on the board today. He has also held extensive leadership positions at Walmart, including COO and Director. Existing investors Peterson Partners and investment firms led by the founders of Qualtrics, Vivint, Domo, and Stance have also participated in the round. This funding will be invested across all functions in the company to further drive growth and scale
We are looking for a VP/Director of Business Development and Partnerships who will be responsible for creating strategic business partnerships and driving new revenue sources for the organization. This applies to technical partners as well as agency partners.
- Find and evaluate potential new partnerships.
- Understanding where the business falls within the market and gauge the impact of new partnerships.
- Be resourceful and able to do more with less, ruthlessly prioritize, and multi-task.
- Build and manage customer and partner relationships
- Be persistent when it comes to traditional sales
- Become an expert in the company’s products and where they sit within the larger ecosystem
- Travel to business development meetings, industry conferences, trade shows, etc.
- Perform competitor and SWOT analysis
- Work with Marketing and Sales departments on key initiatives
- Manage business development pipeline
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, or related fields
- 5-10 + yrs experience in Sales
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Experience in management and leadership
- Proficient math and presentation skills preferred
You might be a good fit at Via if you are...
- Passionate about business and sales
- Excited to apply your experience to augment our senior leadership, sales, customer success, and product teams
- Enthusiastic, understanding and empathetic
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Excited to help supercharge growth with an innovative company
- Driven, inquisitive, and willing to work hard
What we offer!
- An amazing place to work with awesome people; our Utah office is open for business!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast growing startup
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible remote work policy
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Tons of unique Via perks!
Via Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to diversity and maintaining a healthy work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are an organization comprised of people of all kinds of backgrounds, and believe this mix is precisely what makes us strong. All employment decisions at Via Software are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.