Via Software is a conversational commerce platform that is shifting the way businesses and consumers interact. Our software enables businesses to deliver more personal and relevant interactions with customers across the most popular messaging and voice channels, driving customer satisfaction and loyalty. The company is in hyper-growth mode as it continues to see rapid adoption amongst customers who are seeking to redefine the way they reach their customers.
Less than a year after closing its seed round, Via Software has recently raised a significant Series A led by Footwork VC, a venture capital firm founded by Nikhil Basu Trivedi and Mike Smith. Nikhil is a former partner at Shasta Ventures, and has invested in leading companies such as the design software maker Canva, people management software maker Lattice, fitness start-up Tonal, and debt manager Tally. Smith is the former president and COO of Stitch Fix, and remains on the board today. He has also held extensive leadership positions at Walmart, including COO and Director. Existing investors Peterson Partners and investment firms led by the founders of Qualtrics, Vivint, Domo, and Stance have also participated in the round. This funding will be invested across all functions in the company to further drive growth and scale.
- Directing and planning all accounting operational functions
- Managing the collection and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems and ensure compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP standards; collaborate with external advisory firms as needed
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable/billing, and payroll activities
- Providing management with key financial reports to guide business decision making processes
- Managing and coordinating the budgeting process across all functional departments in the company
- Assessing current accounting and data collection processes, offering recommendations for improvement across all key accounting functions, including invoicing, billing, and payroll
- Work with operations team to create and implement systems to automate and unify reporting across the business
- Developing internal accounting and control systems
- Work with departments to plan the infrastructure to track and monitor key business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, including tax planning and filingRecruiting, developing, and retaining skilled accounting staff
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience working in accounting for software companies; start-up experience a plus
- Experience helping to lead accounting functions and building out a strong team
- Passionate about working a fast-growing team to build a robust reporting and analytics function
- CPA or CMA strongly preferred
- Network of contacts within accounting and related functions
- Thorough, detail-oriented, organized, and willing to go above and beyond
You might be a good fit at Via if you are...
- Passionate about accounting and laying the reporting foundation for a fast-growing company
- Excited to do the legwork needed for key financial reporting
- Understanding and empathetic
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Driven, inquisitive, and willing to work hard
What we offer!
- An amazing place to work with awesome people; our Utah office is open for business!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast growing startup
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible remote work policy
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Tons of unique Via perks!
Via Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to diversity and maintaining a healthy work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are an organization comprised of people of all kinds of backgrounds, and believe this mix is precisely what makes us strong. All employment decisions at Via Software are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.