Director of Sales Enablement
Via Software is a conversational commerce platform that is shifting the way businesses and consumers interact. Our software enables businesses to deliver more personal and relevant interactions with customers across the most popular messaging and voice channels, driving customer satisfaction and loyalty. The company is in hyper-growth mode as it continues to see rapid adoption amongst customers who are seeking to redefine the way they reach their customers.
Less than a year after closing its seed round, Via Software has recently raised a significant Series A led by Footwork VC, a venture capital firm founded by Nikhil Basu Trivedi and Mike Smith. Nikhil is a former partner at Shasta Ventures, and has invested in leading companies such as the design software maker Canva, people management software maker Lattice, fitness start-up Tonal, and debt manager Tally. Smith is the former president and COO of Stitch Fix, and remains on the board today. He has also held extensive leadership positions at Walmart, including COO and Director. Existing investors Peterson Partners and investment firms led by the founders of Qualtrics, Vivint, Domo, and Stance have also participated in the round. This funding will be invested across all functions in the company to further drive growth and scale.
We are looking for a talented Director of Sales Enablement who will work cross-functionally with sales, customer success, marketing, and partnerships. The purpose of this role is to drive revenue through improved sales performance, measured by ramp time, quota attainment, win rates, sales efficiency, and conversion along the sales funnel. Sales Enablement owns the core responsibilities of sales onboarding, ongoing training, and the development of internal and external facing sales resources.
- Be the key to both instilling the Via brand ethos and Via vision as well as overseeing the new hire onboarding in its content and delivery.
- Design the training curriculum, facilitating coaching through sherpas and shadow calls, etc. The metric of success for this function will primarily be new rep ramp time, i.e., time from hire to first win.
- Be the ‘sales university’ through which Via reps continuously learn, improve, and sharpen their craft.
- Cultivate Via’s objective of building the best sales team in software (i.e., sales is a key differentiator).
- Responsible for the design and delivery of ongoing trainings on both sales skills and product knowledge.
- Responsible for overseeing the design, creation, and maintenance of sales resources including sales decks, demo environments, messaging campaigns, battle cards, case studies, etc., and creating and maintaining a library of those resources.
- Uncover and understand past sales trends critical for future sales success, e..g, win/loss, competitor differentiation, etc.
- Arming and facilitating Via customers and partners to be advocates and evangelists in the market through tailored one-pagers, decks, webinars, and other as-needed resources.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in sales enablement, revenue-facing roles, sales training, or sales support, and a demonstrated knowledge of best practices, methodologies, and technologies in each of these areas
- Measurable experience with having a positive impact on business outcomes, such as win rate, quota attainment, length of sales cycle, etc.
- Experience in executing change management initiatives with established approaches
- Involvement and participation in sales enablement groups or communities (ideal)
You might be a good fit at Via if you are...
- Excited to apply your experience to augment our senior leadership, sales, customer success, and product teams
- Understanding and empathetic
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Excited to help supercharge company growth at an innovative company
- Driven, inquisitive, and willing to work hard
What we offer!
- An amazing place to work with awesome people; our Utah office is open for business!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast growing startup
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible remote work policy
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Tons of unique Via perks!
Via Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to diversity and maintaining a healthy work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are an organization comprised of people of all kinds of backgrounds, and believe this mix is precisely what makes us strong. All employment decisions at Via Software are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.