Sr. Product Designer
Via Software is a conversational commerce platform that is shifting the way businesses and consumers interact. Our software enables businesses to deliver more personal and relevant interactions with customers across the most popular messaging and voice channels, driving customer satisfaction and loyalty. The company is in hyper-growth mode as it continues to see rapid adoption amongst customers who are seeking to redefine the way they reach their customers.
Less than a year after closing its seed round, Via Software has recently raised a significant Series A led by Footwork VC, a venture capital firm founded by Nikhil Basu Trivedi and Mike Smith. Nikhil is a former partner at Shasta Ventures, and has invested in leading companies such as the design software maker Canva, people management software maker Lattice, fitness start-up Tonal, and debt manager Tally. Smith is the former president and COO of Stitch Fix, and remains on the board today. He has also held extensive leadership positions at Walmart, including COO and Director. Existing investors Peterson Partners and investment firms led by the founders of Qualtrics, Vivint, Domo, and Stance have also participated in the round. This funding will be invested across all functions in the company to further drive growth and scale.
As a Product Designer at Via, you will be responsible for designing the visual UI components as well as the behavioral interaction elements for Via Software. This currently includes the SMS marketing tools as well as the mobile app builder. You will also be responsible for gaining insight into our users' behaviors and needs through user research to help identify areas of opportunity and ways to differentiate.
- Define and maintain the information architecture, the interactions, and the visual design components
- Define, test, and iterate on the interaction design of new and existing features (user-flows, detailed product wireframes, prototypes)
- Participate in user research to guide product design decisions (contextual inquiry, usability testing, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Ensure all aspects of the products are easy to use and delightful
- Collaborate with team to determine appropriate solution based on research and help ensure pixel-perfect design execution
Qualifications & Skills
- 4+ years of user experience design and visual design for a software company
- A strong understanding of user research and human-centered design
- An analytical approach to testing new features through rapid prototyping
- Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to discuss technical issues and communicate clearly with developers and engineers
- Strong curiosity to learn about and improve how end users solve their problems with the software you buildIterative and fast moving, but still capable of seeing the bigger, broader picture
You might be a good fit at Via if you are...
- Detail-oriented and end-user obsessed
- Iterative in your approach and are continuously looking for ways to add value
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to give what it takes to win and delight customers
- Adaptive to change
- Love to have fun at work!
What we offer!
- An amazing place to work with great people; our Utah office is open for business!
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast growing startup
Via Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to diversity and maintaining a healthy work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are an organization comprised of people of all kinds of backgrounds, and believe this mix is precisely what makes us strong. All employment decisions at Via Software are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.