VP of Marketing
Via Software is a conversational commerce platform that is shifting the way businesses and consumers interact. Our software enables businesses to deliver more personal and relevant interactions with customers across the most popular messaging and voice channels, driving customer satisfaction and loyalty. The company is in hyper-growth mode as it continues to see rapid adoption amongst customers who are seeking to redefine the way they reach their customers.
Less than a year after closing its seed round, Via Software has recently raised a significant Series A led by Footwork VC, a venture capital firm founded by Nikhil Basu Trivedi and Mike Smith. Nikhil is a former partner at Shasta Ventures, and has invested in leading companies such as the design software maker Canva, people management software maker Lattice, fitness start-up Tonal, and debt manager Tally. Smith is the former president and COO of Stitch Fix, and remains on the board today. He has also held extensive leadership positions at Walmart, including COO and Director. Existing investors Peterson Partners and investment firms led by the founders of Qualtrics, Vivint, Domo, and Stance have also participated in the round. This funding will be invested across all functions in the company to further drive growth and scale.
We are looking for a sharp and experienced Marketing VP/Director who will be responsible for developing and executing the marketing strategy at Via. As VP/Director of Marketing, you’ll gather customer, competitor, and market intelligence to support new product development and own the development and execution of a cutting-edge marketing strategy. Reporting to the CEO and in close collaboration with sales, product development, and other functions, you’ll drive the market intelligence process that identifies trends that indicate the need for new or changing products and services.
- Developing and executing the strategic commercial marketing plan in support of the overall strategy, optimizing the development of products and services
- Utilizing market and customer knowledge, leading a team of R&D experts to develop/modify new or existing products. Work cross-functionally as needed to develop and bring new products/services to market.
- Leading and coaching the Marketing Communications Team, including Director and Product Manager levels. Manage the day-to-day activities of the department including but not limited to: performance management, goal setting, career development, hiring/firing, etc.
- Leading the Marketing Communication Team to develop and execute effective marketing strategies across multiple communication channels such as trade shows, marketing collateral, and electronic media such as Twitter, YouTube etc. Drive consistency of message across the business segment
- Own top of funnel brand awareness to tactical lead generation
- Workshop events, webinars, case studies, etc.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- 10+ years of progressive marketing experience
- 7+ years of direct management experience with demonstrated success leading and motivating teams as well as managing cross-functional teams
- Must possess a digital portfolio or be able to demonstrate marketing work
- SaaS experience is a plus
- Basic tech savvy skills, a must
You might be a good fit at Via if you are...
- Passionate about all things Marketing
- Excited to apply your experience to augment our senior leadership, sales, customer success, and product teams
- Understanding and empathetic
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Excited to help supercharge company growth at an innovative company
- Driven, inquisitive, and willing to work hard
What we offer!
- An amazing place to work with awesome people; our Utah office is open for business!
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast growing startup
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible remote work policy
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Tons of unique Via perks!
Via Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to diversity and maintaining a healthy work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We are an organization comprised of people of all kinds of backgrounds, and believe this mix is precisely what makes us strong. All employment decisions at Via Software are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.