Union City, California
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
As an Automation/DevOps engineer you will be a critical piece of our infrastructure team, providing support for state-of-the-art development of robotic and AI based systems. Continuous integration, continuous delivery and infrastructure as code will be your bread and butter. This role will primarily involve helping to further automate the dynamics of our infrastructure, utilizing the cloud to optimize performance, convenience and cost. Your efforts will be rewarded by knowing that you’re supporting the bleeding edge in robotic artificial intelligence research and development, every day. As a member of the infrastructure team, you will play a critical role in ensuring that our technical infrastructure stays running smoothly and efficiently.
- 3+ years working within a DevOps environment
- Very comfortable with Linux – especially Ubuntu
- Highly proficient with Python and BASH/POSIX shell scripting
- Highly proficient with the AWS cloud platform (GCP experience is a plus)
- Experience with Docker and/or other containerization tools
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or other orchestration tools (Helm experience is a plus)
- Experience with packaging various types of software (compiled binaries, interpreted Python, Ruby, etc) as Debian packages
- Experience building and managing entire CI pipelines with Jenkins
- Exposure to multiple configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet)
- Bonus points for experience with Terraform
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.