Union City, California
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
Here you will join a small, tightly-knit collective of engineer scientists committed to solving long-term problems. Our focus is the systematic integration of perception, concept learning, reasoning, and motor control, used to build robotic manipulation systems.
As a member of the robotics group at Vicarious, you will play a critical role in our efforts to use our technology to push the state of the art on robotic manipulation.
- Develop and implement new techniques for robotic grasping, manipulation, motion planning, and control
- Understand the algorithms we’ve developed on the vision/learning side and bring your experience and intuition to bear on how best to apply them to manipulation tasks
- Develop and maintain the proprietary in-house robotic manipulation software stack
- Work to build clean and powerful abstractions of our platform capabilities supporting rapid app development
- Build interfaces to and evaluate new hardware such as grippers, haptic sensors, arms, etc.
- Build integrated apps that apply our technology towards specific product verticals
- Write visualization, benchmarking, and simulation tools that allow us to understand the performance of our system
- Keep yourself up to update with the latest advances and techniques in the field of robotics
- Ph.D. in a robotics-related discipline
- Strong programming skills in Python, C++, and/or Rust
- Experience getting robots to go, especially those with arms, and deploying them in the real world
Nice to have
- Familiarity with AI/ML/computer vision
- Experience developing with ROS and related software such as MoveIt! and PCL
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best researcher/engineer/ thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.