Roboticist - Insertion
Union City, California
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. Here you will join a small, tightly knit collective of engineer scientists committed to solving long-term problems. Our focus is the systematic integration of perception, concept learning, reasoning, and motor control, used to build robotic manipulation systems.
As a member of the robotics group at Vicarious, you will play a critical role in our efforts to use our technology to push the state of the art on robotic manipulation.
- Develop and refine in-house grasp planning and control methods
- Propose algorithms/methods that greatly enhance the performance of grasp planning and grasp control
- Actively stay current of the most recent grasping/manipulation research and present them to the company
- Research on new directions of grasping techniques that are relevant to our robotic systems
- Masters or Phd in a robotics-related discipline (or equivalent professional experience)
- Strong publication record and/or industry experience with robotic arms
- Interest/background in learn-by-demonstration, reinforcement learning, and/or control
- Strong C++ and/or Python skills
- Experience developing with ROS
- Experience with simulation platforms such as Bullet and Mujoco
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Vicarious offers unique benefits for all employees that includes personal coaching, organic breakfast and lunch and much more. Please visit Join Vicarious for details.
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.