Union City, California
We are seeking a Purchasing Specialist for our Operations team. You will provide purchasing support to multiple teams within Vicarious. The ideal candidate will have meticulous attention to detail, be a diligent communicator, have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to track many moving parts.
The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for day to day procurement for Vicarious, ensuring that the complete purchasing process is running smoothly and according to company policy. This position works with multiple teams across the company to facilitate timely and accurate purchasing practices as well as maintaining positive relationships with our many vendors.
- Work with team members to create a list of materials required for each project and handles any incoming purchase requests.
- Negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Create and send purchase orders following company policy
- Track open purchase orders. Ensure suppliers confirm all purchase orders and provide committed ship dates.
- Verify invoices against purchase orders and clarifies issues with vendors.
- Liaise with accounting to ensure invoices are assigned to the appropriate project.
- Assist with the preparation of credit card reports across multiple teams
- Maintain up to date list of vendors.
- Review cycle times for the full procurement process (find out where the inefficiencies and gaps are)
- Create and manage purchasing accounts and credit applications with all vendors.
- Responsible for forwarding tracking information to the receiving team.
- Follow up, keep track of, and communicate to teams about back ordered items.
- Facilitate communication between product teams, receiving, and accounting.
- Support the further development of purchasing processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelors Degree preferred.
- 2 years of purchasing experience in a fast-paced Tech office (or equivalent) environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organization skills with a tolerance for tight deadlines and time pressures.
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Fast worker
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people of various backgrounds
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
- Passionate about robotics and artificial intelligence, and pushing the boundaries on real world robotics applications
Vicarious offers unique benefits for all employees that includes personal coaching, organic breakfast and lunch and much more. Please visit Join Vicarious for details.
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.