Machine Learning Researcher
Union City, California
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
Here you will join a small, tightly knit collective of engineers and scientists committed to solving long-term problems. Our focus is the systematic integration of perception, concept learning, reasoning, and motor control, used to build robotic manipulation systems. As a member of the research group at Vicarious, you will play a critical role in developing the technology to push the state of the art on robotic manipulation.
- Understanding our current body of research and improving upon it.
- Further the research on the different pieces of AGI, as well as how to assemble them. These include, but are not limited to: vision, dynamics learning, planning, sensorimotor control, causality, reasoning, concept learning, language.
- Publish papers in world-class conferences and journals.
- Produce efficient code for your algorithms and demonstrate its applicability in real use cases, with a focus on robotics.
- Masters or PhD in a computer vision-related discipline (or equivalent professional experience), preferably in one of the following areas: probabilistic graphical models, approximate inference, combinatorial optimization, neural networks, object class and instance detection, pose estimation, 3D scene understanding and recognition from RGB-D imagery, 3D reconstruction, structure-from-motion, multi-view stereo, etc.
- Strong publication record and/or industry experience in the above mentioned areas, in top-tier conferences such as NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, AAAI, AISTATS.
- Interest/background in algorithms with human-like abilities such as learning from small amounts of data and tight sensorimotor feedback.
- Strong C++ and/or Python skills. Experience developing with OpenCV, TensorFlow, and PCL.
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.