San Francisco Bay Area
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks, with a long term goal of building machines that exceed human intelligence. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. Here you will join a small, tightly knit collective of researchers committed to working on solving problems that will take us from the current state of the art to human-level AGI. Our underlying framework uses probabilistic graphical models functionally inspired by the neocortex.
We are looking for an expert C/C++ programmer to develop CUDA and/or OpenCL based vision code. You should have extensive CUDA and/or OpenCL programming, algorithm development, and performance analysis skills. As a member of the research group at Vicarious, you will play a critical role in our efforts to use our technology to push the state of the art on computer vision applications.
As part of our team, you will:
- Take algorithms that go beyond our published work and optimize them for real time robot applications
- Optimize the end to end performance of the system in a production setting
- Optimize other machine learning algorithms that are company wide bottlenecks.
Demonstrated skills and experience:
- Excellent programmer in CUDA and/or OpenCL, C++ and Python
- Experience developing within the Linux ecosystem, including device drivers
- Experience defining hardware/software APIs is a plus
- Experience programming a diverse set of GPUs is a plus
- Preferred PhD or Masters in CS/EE or a related discipline
- Experience building hierarchical vision systems and publishing relevant papers in CVPR/NIPS/ICML is a plus.
Desired personal qualities:
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Vicarious offers unique benefits for all employees that includes personal coaching, organic breakfast and lunch, a company trip to Hawaii every year, and much more. Please visit Vicarious for details.
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.