Site Support Technician
Union City, California
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
As a Site Support Technician, you will play an important role in testing, monitoring, and maintaining our technology at customer sites around the US.
- Prep robotic systems for optimal test and production purposes by performing camera alignment, calibration, and pipeline testing
- Operate and oversee robots line
- Troubleshoot errors on individual robots and document all issues
- Work around robotic arms in a safe and sensible manner
- Knowledge of command line Linux desired, including file tree navigation and using a text editor
- Run frequent tests of varied duration to measure performance and quality and to ensure product standards are met
- Log and report test issues to relevant teams
- Provide well-documented test protocols, results, and reports
- Ensure quality, provide support of robotic and vision systems as a whole
- Associates degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in IT support and writing support tickets
- Ability to work with in-house technical support resources to resolve difficult product problems
- Ability to learn advanced Mechanical and Electrical systems
- Travel is required; this position will primarily be on customer sites
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.