Field Service Engineer
Union City, California
Vicarious AI is seeking a Field Service Engineer to play a key role in the support of our automated robotic assembly lines. This position will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area and will carry out some activities in our Union City, CA office when not performing installs or service activities at customers locations.
Candidates for this position must be process and quality-driven, while also possessing excellent troubleshooting and customer service skills. This position will require travel within the US, (estimated at more than 70%)
- Provide highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation and repair. Serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, service, and test Robotic equipment and conveyor systems
- Communicate with product support, sales, tech support and other departments as needed to address customer concerns to ensure customer needs are met.
- Must be able to work overtime when required and be flexible on daily start and stop times to support our customers including some evening and weekend work.
- Complete service reports upon work completion and submits reports within 24 hours of the call.
- Ensure communication/coordination of install scheduling with Customer Support, Sales and the customer.
- Ability to learn advanced Mechanical and Electrical systems Provide the customer with basic operator training including start-up/shutdown procedures while making the customer aware of any safety precautions.
- Ability to measure accurately and design the equipment layout on a factory floor
- Escalate to other resources and/or management when unable to resolve a problem.
- Manage expenses within company guidelines and submit timely expense reports.
- Maintain company supplied tools and test equipment in good working order
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Lead small teams of installation technicians, and work with other FSE’s
- Take ownership of an on-site project and coordinate with customers, maintenance personnel, and management.
- AS degree or higher degree in an engineering-related field and 5+ years of transferable field service experience servicing electro-mechanical/electronic/optical/robotics equipment or BS degree and 3+ years equivalent experience, or equivalent military experience.
- Experience servicing mechanical/electrical systems is strongly desirable.
- Advanced electro-mechanical troubleshooting/problem-solving skills are desiredSelf-driven with the ability to learn quickly to become proficient on products.
- Ability to work with in-house technical support resources to resolve difficult product problems.
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, and time management skills.
- Good customer relations and communication skillsAbility to travel extensively; involves overnight travel.
- Ability to lift, push and pull approximately 50 pounds unassisted.
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Sense of humor
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.