Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Union City, California
We are seeking a Shipping and Receiving Specialist for our Operations team. This position distributes all incoming and outgoing shipments and communicates updates and timelines to all relevant parties. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, hardworking, and a strong communicator.
- Executes the receiving process from start to finish.
- Performs all product receiving functions including inspection, counting and data entry of all ordered products.
- Enforces and maintains all applicable receiving and accrual logs.
- Follows inventory management processes in all locations across the company.
- Receives, stores, and informs teams and relevant parties of all deliveries,
- Distributes received packages.
- Updates orderer with consistent updates on the timeline of arrival
- Coordinates large deliveries with various teams across the company
- Logs and maintains packing slips.
- Keeps storage rooms clean and organized.
- Keeps facilities stocked with all relevant supplies for receiving and shipping products
- Coordinates shipping of all outgoing mail and packages.
- Works with the Deployment and Operations team to coordinate long-distance logistics and large scale shipping.
- High School Diploma
- 1 year of receiving experience in a fast-paced Tech office (or equivalent) environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite
- Proficient computer skills
- Exceptional people skills. Strong, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Fast worker
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people of various backgrounds
- Sense of humor
- Passionate about robotics and artificial intelligence, and pushing the boundaries on real world robotics applications
Vicarious offers unique benefits for all employees that includes personal coaching, organic breakfast and lunch and much more.
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.