Union City, California
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
As an UI/UX Engineer at Vicarious, you will build the HMIs that allow interaction with our advanced AI and Robotics systems. Your work will delight our customers when they interact with it and make the complex simple.
- Follow and implement best practices on human-machine-interface (HMI) design for industrial robots and automation
- Design industry-level HMIs for Vicarious AI's robotic products
- Implement web-based HMIs frontend using web development technologies such as Node.js, React.js, Redux.js and electron
- Interface with robotic and system backends for control and data communication in Python/Go/C
- Deploy and test HMIs on multiple platforms such as PC (standard and industrial), Tablet, and Mobile
- Maintain and improve the HMI based on testing and customer feedback
- Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering or related fields
- 3+ years experience in UI/UX development on Linux platforms
- Knowledge in building Linux multi-threading systems with complex frontend/backend interactions
- Understanding of asynchronous and distributed design and processing
- Have built and released a HMI that is used in production by customers is highly desirable
- Previous experience in 3D visualization and streaming camera data is desirable
- Experience in developing workflow configuration UI (drag&drop, modularization, etc.) is a big plus
- Basic knowledge in AI and robotics is a plus
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.