Computer Vision Researcher
Union City, California
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
Here you will join a small, tightly knit collective of engineer scientists committed to solving long-term problems. Our focus is the systematic integration of perception, concept learning, reasoning, and motor control, used to build robotic manipulation systems. As a member of the computer vision group at Vicarious, you will play a critical role in our efforts to use our technology to push the state of the art on robotic manipulation.
- Understanding the algorithms we’ve developed on the vision/learning side and bringing your experience and intuitions to bear on how best to apply them to manipulation tasks.
- Solving the computer vision-specific research and engineering problems that arise, in areas such as object class detection, pose estimation, visual tracking, 3D scene understanding, and 3D reconstruction.
- Developing and maintaining the software stack on the robotic platform.
- Building integrated solutions that apply our technology towards specific product verticals.
- Masters or PhD in a computer vision-related discipline (or equivalent professional experience), preferably in one of the following areas: object class and instance detection, pose estimation, and visual tracking fine-grained image categorization, 3D scene understanding and recognition from RGB-D imagery, 3D reconstruction, structure-from-motion, or multi-view stereo.
- Strong publication record and/or industry experience in the above mentioned areas.
- Interest/background in algorithms with human-like abilities such as learning from small amounts of data and tight sensorimotor feedback.
- Strong C++ and/or Python skills. Experience developing with OpenCV, TensorFlow, and PCL.
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.