San Francisco Bay Area
Vicarious is looking for a bright, resourceful, and reliable Office Manager to keep our office running smoothly. We are looking for someone who enjoys handling a wide range of administrative and operational tasks in a dynamic, fluid setting. You will be the first point of contact for the organization and play a key role in creating and maintaining a great office environment.
About the job
- Greets visitors and makes sure they get to where they need to be
- Oversees the maintenance and upkeep of office areas and equipment and helps ensure we are using our space effectively
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level. anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies
- Manages relationships with vendors, service providers, and building management.
- Assists with new employee onboarding by managing seating plan and work stations, supplies, welcoming new hires, assigning keys and security codes etc.
- Assists with administering various HR and benefits systems
- Manages travel and accommodation arrangements for staff as assigned
- Assists in planning company events: holiday party, picnics, etc
- Partners with HR to maintain office policies and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation, with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professional staff from varied disciplines and backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Highly-positive and service-oriented approach to working both internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve independently
- Able to wear multiple hats and work effectively in a dynamic startup environment
- Able to effectively handle and protect sensitive and confidential company information
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.