Our goal is to build a system that achieves human-level intelligence in the domains of vision, language and motor control. We are currently focused on visual perception problems such as recognition, segmentation and scene parsing. We are not building neural networks. You can learn more about our strategy here.
As a research engineer at Vicarious you will quickly come up to speed on recent advancements in machine learning, image processing and computer vision. You will apply this knowledge to improve the computational performance and accuracy of learning and inference algorithms used for vision tasks in a large variety of training environments. Working with other members of the team you will be driving a dense Python and C++ codebase that is pushing the state-of-the-art in AI forward.
As part of our team, you will...
- Develop and refine demonstrations of new research.
- Optimize and scale implementations of researched algorithms.
- Follow lead of Researchers and assist with development.
- Refine the output of the research department into reusable pieces where appropriate.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Preferred Masters or BS in CS/EE or a related discipline. We also consider exceptional applicants with other backgrounds.
- Extensive programming skills, ideally in Python and C, and a track record of translating ideas into prototypes quickly.
- Solid fundamentals in algorithms, math, and probability theory.
- Experience developing and testing ideas in a large scale setting.
- Experience with belief propagation and approximation methods.
- Experience with OpenGL a plus.
Desired Personal Qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Vicarious offers unique benefits for all employees that includes personal coaching, organic breakfast and lunch, a company trip to Hawaii every year, and much more. Please visit Join Vicarious for details.
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.