Union City, California
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
Our goal is to build a system that achieves human-level intelligence in the domains of vision, language and motor control. We are currently focused on visual perception problems such as recognition, segmentation and scene parsing for robotic manipulation.
As a research engineer at Vicarious you will quickly come up to speed on recent advancements in machine learning, image processing and computer vision. You will apply this knowledge to turn the output of Researchers into production level code. Working with other members of the team you will be driving a Python and C++ codebase that is pushing the state-of-the-art in AI forward.
- Apply your knowledge of algorithms, machine learning, and computer vision to improving the computational performance and accuracy of learning and inference algorithms used for vision tasks
- Provide software development support to Researchers and assist with code and idea development
- Building integrated solutions that apply our technology towards specific product verticals.
- Preferred Masters or BS in CS/EE or a related discipline
- Strong Python skills and working knowledge of C++ with a track record of translating ideas into prototypes quickly
- Solid fundamentals in algorithms, math, and probability theory
- Experience developing and testing ideas in a large scale setting
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics and probabilistic graphical models
- Knowledge of approximation and optimization methods
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.