Roboticist - Applications
San Francisco Bay Area
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. Here you will join a small, tightly knit collective of engineer scientists committed to solving long-term problems. Our focus is the systematic integration of perception, concept learning, reasoning, and motor control, used to build robotic manipulation systems.
As a member of the robotics group at Vicarious, you will play a critical role in our efforts to use our technology to push the state of the art on robotic manipulation.
What you'll do
- Understanding the algorithms we’ve developed on the vision/learning side and bringing your experience and intuitions to bear on how best to apply them to manipulation tasks
- Developing and maintaining the software stack on the robotic platform
- Building integrated solutions that apply our technology towards specific product verticals
Desired skills and experience
- BS or Masters in a robotics-related discipline (or equivalent professional experience)
- Programming skills in Python and/or C++
- Understanding of finite state machine design and implementation
- Experience developing with ROS and related software such as MoveIt! and PCL
- Experience getting robots to go, especially those with arms, and deploying them in the real world
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Vicarious offers unique benefits for all employees that includes personal coaching, organic breakfast and lunch, a company trip to Hawaii every year, and much more. Please visit Join Vicarious for details.
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.