Applications Engineer - Hardware
Union City, California
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission. Here you will join a small, tightly knit collective of engineer scientists committed to solving long-term problems. Our focus is the systematic integration of perception, concept learning, reasoning, and motor control, used to build robotic manipulation systems. As a member of the deployment team at Vicarious, you will play a critical role in our efforts to use our technology to push the state of the art on robotic manipulation.
- Support Sales and pre-sales customers in creation of application concepts and system designs, virtualizations, and simulations to ensure system build is sustainable and realistic.
- Assess robot applications, build proof-of-concepts, and create demos per customer requirements.
- Provide active post-sales and pre-installation support at customer sites.
- Ensure engineering compliance with all customer and/or other relevant specifications.
- Ensure company awareness to specifications. Quickly learn and implement new and emerging technologies.
- Build integrated solutions that apply our technology toward specific application verticals.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.E.E./B.S.C/B.S.M.E.) from four-year college or university and five years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of general robotics and automated systems, material handling, machine tending, additive applications (glue, sealer), robotic assembly cells.
- Technical understanding of electrical, mechanical, and programming, with emphasis on programming and understanding of kinematic relationships and motion.
- Demonstrable ability to assess customer specific needs and quickly apply solutions within range of electromechanical or programming solutions available.
- Demonstrable ability to work with and implement various FieldBus systems such as: Profinet, Devicenet, EtherCat, EthernetIP,Etc.
- Experience developing with ROS and related software such as Movelt! and PCL.
- Experience with simulation platforms such as Gazebo, Mujoco, and OpenRave.
- Experience with AutoCAD/Solidworks.
- Experience designing and deploying vision applications and implementations.
Desired personal qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Vicarious offers unique benefits for all employees that includes personal coaching, organic breakfast and lunch and much more.
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.