Robotics Application Engineer - System Integration
Union City, California
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
- Create, design, and build integrated robotic applications from start to finish.
- Assess new robot applications, build proof-of-concepts, and create demos per customer requirements.
- Ensure engineering compliance with all customer and/or other relevant specifications.
- Quickly learn and implement new and emerging technologies in both robotics and peripheral equipment (controls, safety, etc).
- Build integrated solutions that apply our technology toward specific application verticals.
- Support customers in creation of application concepts and system designs, virtualizations, and simulations to ensure system build is sustainable and realistic.
- Provide and run active installation support at customer sites.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.E.E./B.S.C/B.S.M.E.) from four-year college or university and five years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of general robotics and automated systems, material handling, machine tending, additive applications (glue, sealer), robotic assembly cells.
- Technical understanding of electrical, mechanical, and programming, with emphasis on programming and understanding of kinematic relationships and motion.
- Demonstrable ability to assess customer specific needs and quickly apply solutions within range of electromechanical or programming solutions available.
- Ability to learn new systems on the fly with adaptive problem solving skills
- Demonstrable ability to work with and implement various FieldBus systems such as: EtherCat, Profinet, Devicenet, EthernetIP, etc.
- Experience with simulation platforms such as Gazebo, Mujoco, and OpenRave.
- Experience with AutoCAD/Solidworks/Inventor
- Experience designing and deploying vision applications and implementations.
- Experience with electrical components and basic panel wiring. AutoCAD Electrical experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.