Robotic Systems Performance Engineer
Union City, California
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
As a member of the Performance Engineering team you will have a major impact on all of Vicarious’ state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence robotic systems. You’ll be working as part of a close-knit, highly skilled team in the exploration, design, implementation and verification of new ideas that will drive the future of Vicarious’ technology and business.
What you'll do:
Extremely versatile, talented engineer who is eager to get into the nuts and bolts of software, hardware and process; improve their reliability, quality and performance; and come up with novel verification methods to measure the improvements. Willing to drive performance features and improvements across the organization.
- Strong coding skills in a programming language with a willingness to learn whatever new programming language is necessary to get the job done
- Great analytical skills
- Passion for statistics
- Understand what testing, verification and validation in software and hardware entails
- Intellectual fearlessness to tread into new subject areas with no prior knowledge when necessary
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to work with other teams to solve performance problems
- Demonstrated ability to sleuth, troubleshoot and persevere till the root cause of issues is found with subsequent closed loop corrective action
- Previous robotics experience
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience with Python
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.