Union City, California
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating software with human-level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
As a Robot Technician, you will play an important role in installing, testing, maintaining and providing support to our technology in house and at customer sites around the US.
- Assemble, setup robotic systems for optimal test and production purposes including camera alignment, calibration and pipeline testing
- Oversee robots during their autonomous operations
- Troubleshoot errors on individual robots and document all issues
- Work around robotic arms in a safe and sensible manner
- Communicate with the robot in real-time
- Run frequent tests of varied duration to measure performance and quality and to ensure product standards are met
- Log and report test issues to relevant teams
- Provide well-documented test protocols, results, and reports
- Ensure quality, provide support of robotic and vision systems as a whole
- Bachelors degree in Engineering / Computer Science preferred
- Knowledge of command line Linux desired, including file tree navigation and using a text editor
- Previous experience in IT support and writing support tickets
- Ability to work with in-house technical support resources to resolve difficult product problems
- Ability to learn advanced Mechanical and Electrical systems
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Fast learner
- Patience with others
- Efficient worker
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people of various backgrounds
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
- Passionate about robotics and artificial intelligence, and pushing the boundaries on real-world robotics applications
Vicarious offers unique benefits for all employees that includes personal coaching, organic breakfast and lunch and much more. Please visit Join Vicarious for details.
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.