Payroll and Accounts Payable Specialist
Union City, California
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be playing a pivotal role on a very small and close-knit Finance team. You will provide administrative support to the Finance team in the areas of payroll, benefits administration, and accounts payable. The ideal candidate will be conscientious and discrete while showing a meticulous attention to detail.
What you'll do
- Process payroll for entire organization
- Enter and maintain information in the payroll system including employees hourly rates, salaries, or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, etc.
- Ensure proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits and other deductions
- Provide employee training and support on the use of time tracking, payroll and expense report and other accounts payable systems
- Ensure timecards are approved and entered into payroll software
- Process updates to reflect personnel payroll changes
- Research payroll issues and discrepancies, liaise with benefits vendors, and process necessary corrections
- Reconcile invoices from benefit vendors against payroll
- Comply with the regulatory standards and policies and procedures of payroll
- Accurately review, code, and process vendor invoices for payment
- Review and reconcile invoice discrepancies in collaboration with Purchasing
- Verify expense and credit card reports, ensuring correct receipts are attached and expenses properly categorized
Who you are
- At least 1-2 years of experience in payroll, accounting, and bookkeeping
- Experience with payroll software and expense reporting systems, such as Expensify and Concur
- Accounting experience with Quickbooks preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive in finding discrepancies and their resolution
- Strong communication skills
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.