Assistant Warehouse Manager
Fairfield, CA /
Warehouse – Warehouse Management /
VICI is an e-commerce start-up that sells quality, affordable, on-trend clothing for the contemporary woman. Established in 2012, VICI has experienced over 200% growth in the past two years from 50 to over 250 employees. The VICI brand has a strong e-commerce presence and sells 90% of its product online, which is shipped from its corporate warehouse located in Concord, CA.
VICI’s brand was created based on trends the founders saw after the 2009 recession. Consumers were becoming cautious about spending, yet women’s desire for affordable fashion remained. What sets VICI apart is an unwavering commitment to customer service and a zeal for social media marketing. Posting 20 new looks each day on Instagram and Facebook, women are consistently inspired to create their own personal style through looks from VICI’s brand.
VICI’s tremendous growth can be traced back to the talented individuals that have joined our company over the years. We are now looking for a detail-focused leader that excels in a fast-paced, physical environment and is excited to roll up their sleeves and lead from the front as the Assistant Warehouse Manager. In this role you will manage a team of Warehouse Associates and will report directly to the Warehouse Manager. This is a full-time position working 1st and/or 2nd shifts, including weekends.
The VICI Assistant Warehouse Manager is responsible for overseeing and completing all daily operational activities for retail and E-commerce fulfillment. This position leads a team to complete their respective functional activities while maintaining the highest levels of safety, quality, performance, and productivity.
· Provides day to day leadership over functional warehouse team.
· Ensures daily tasks are accomplished accurately and efficiently, trains and coaches employees on operational procedures and workflows
· Plans daily labor allocations, track attendance, approve all timecards and time off requests
Maintain positive relationships with suppliers, vendors, and other organizations to maintain efficient flow of supplies and product in and out of the warehouse
Evaluate daily productivity levels and partner closely with peers to determine necessary adjustments to staffing in order to balance production
Identify issues and resolves non-complex problems; escalate complex problems to senior leadership
· Continuously evaluate operational workflows and make necessary process improvements to improve department efficiency
· Supports management in recruitment, training, counseling, and performance reviews.
· Leadership role in Warehouse Safety program that includes compliance, training, documenting, and correcting safety issues in the warehouse.
· Ensures the warehouse is clean, organized, and meets all safety standards as identified by CAL/OHSA.
· Maintaining all company's products and department policies; ensures all Warehouse Operations as well as VICI employment policy and procedures are followed
· Ensuring a high level of morale within team and ensure all work performance supports the company’s core values and culture.
· May perform other duties as assigned in support of the overall success of the company.
Education, Experience, and Competencies
· High Diploma or GED required
· 3-5 years prior experience in warehouse operations; retail/ecommerce industry experience desired
· Prior supervisory experience in a warehouse or similar industry.
· Computer Literacy.
o Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google products, ADP & Kronos timekeeping systems and WMS platforms
· Excellent communication skills
o Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language fluently in a professional manner.
o Ability to speak Spanish is beneficial but not required
· Ability to make decision independently and problem solve with excellent analytical, time management and organizational skills.
· Strong mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) to track productivity, operational workflow and create reports.
· Vici is a fast-paced warehouse environment that works with fluctuating temperatures, dust, and dirt. Requires that you sit, stand, and walk intermittently throughout the day and have the ability to lift or pull up to 30 pounds.
· May operate warehouse equipment such as manual pallet jack, electric pallet jack, forklift
· Will be using computer-based systems on a frequent basis
· Competitive Wages
· Family health benefits including HMO & PPO medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance
· 401k retirement plan with a company match
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Paid Time Off (PTO) & Holiday Pay
· Employee Discounts
*Eligibility qualifications and enrollment dates vary. Details will be discussed in final offer letter.
VICI is committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, and industry. That is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. VICI is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger.