Senior Site Merchandising Manager
Walnut Creek, CA /
Corporate – Marketing /
VICI is an e-commerce start-up that sells quality, affordable, on-trend clothing for the contemporary woman. Established in 2012, VICI has experienced over 200% growth in the past two years from 50 to over 250 employees. The VICI brand has a strong e-commerce presence and sells 90% of its product online.
VICI’s brand was created based on trends the founders saw after the 2009 recession. Consumers were becoming cautious about spending, yet women’s desire for affordable fashion remained. What sets VICI apart is an unwavering commitment to customer service and a zeal for social media marketing.
Reporting to the VP, Growth & Digital Marketing this role is responsible for developing ecommerce merchandising strategies that help shape cohesive customer facing shopping content while driving engagement within the brand. This position is focused on shopping, culture, and emerging trends as well as customer experience in order to amplify VICI’s position in the marketplace. This role will require working closely alongside planning, merchandising, marketing, social, and brand as we shape the shopping experience.
· Drive the holistic site strategy, using customer insights to tell a cohesive story and create a seamless customer experience, overseeing visual site merchandising and content strategy, site functionality including navigation, hierarchy, search and browse, etc., new product on-boarding, and more.
· Responsible for executing data informed decisions based on onsite search, paid and organic search, macro trends, and onsite customer behavior
· Identify key trend forecasts, define the department’s story-telling roadmap, and use key functionalities like taxonomy and search to enhance the customer journey on our site, telling a cohesive story
· Oversee the development of site metrics and dashboards to monitor site health, providing strategic insights to internal stakeholders to influence the overall direction for the site.
· Advise on and partner with various internal teams to improve processes, identify opportunities, and scale best practice and governance, driving continual assessment and improvement of the site’s strategic direction and execution.
· Create and scale best-in-class efficient workflows, processes and timelines, embedding operational excellence into everything you do and developing associates on the team to increase capabilities and enhance skills, knowledge and performance.
· Collaborate with IT team to determine new functionality that would drive seamless & engaging customer experience.
· Review inventory reports daily to determine the strategy for prioritizing products based on inventory levels, performance and seasonal themes.
· Manages merchandising vendor relationships to ensure the team is using the most up to date features, reports bugs and the tools effectively to represent the VICI brand
· Responsible for collaborating with Buying team ensuring alignment on site strategy and tactical product placements to meet revenue goals, create new weekly collections, understand the current trends and competitive landscape.
· Own the web/category hierarchy in Shopify, including category and sub-category set up, and order placement within the navigation. Ensure proper QA is in place for functionality of categories & styles is error free.
· May perform other duties as assigned in support of the overall success of the company
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment delivering high quality results in short period of time
· Excellent analytical, time management and organization skills; meticulous attention to detail
· Demonstrates a high degree of personal and professional integrity
· Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals
· Ability to work positively and collaboratively with different groups within the company to advance the company’s stability and growth
· Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and work effectively in a team environment
· Skilled at communicating clearly both verbally and in writing
· Excellent problem-solving skills; willingness to think out-of-the-box to resolve issues
· Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Mac and Google products
· Knowledge of standard applications (Slack, Office365, Chrome, etc.)
· Works in an indoor office/home office environment, temperature controlled
· Sit for long periods, standing and walking intermittently
· Use office equipment such as computer, mouse, keyboard, printer
· Occasionally lift or pull up to 20 pounds
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field (or equivalent work experience)
· 5-7 years prior experience in corporate retail merchandising
· Demonstrated experience with website technology and Shopify required
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level
Expected Hours of Work:
· This is a full-time position
An estimated compensation range for this position in the Bay Area is: $150K+. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
VICI is committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, and industry. That is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. VICI is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger.