Part-Time Health Coach (Work From Home)
Part-time / Contract
As a virtual Vida coach, you will have the opportunity to be selected by clients to work with them on their health goals. You will be responsible for the success of your clients in reaching their health goals. This is your chance to apply your expert knowledge and years of experience in meeting your clients wherever they might be in their own health journey. For the patient recovering from a heart attack who can’t keep up with taking his meds? You’ll be his accountability partner, while helping him understand what each pill does to optimize his heart recovery. For your client who has struggled with a million yo-yo diets? She will be looking to you to alternate between being an expert guide, cheerleader, and enforcer in finding a path towards healthy, sustainable weight loss. The diabetic who can’t seem to stick to a low carb diet despite repeated warnings from his doctor? You should be an active listener and detective in distilling the emotional and social barriers that have gone unaddressed. You will help him learn to cook quick, affordable meals and remind him to grocery shop in a timely fashion!
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage a panel of clients seeking to lose weight, eat better, get more active, prevent/ manage chronic illnesses.
- Stay in contact with your clients through video calls, telephone and electronic messaging.
- Schedule regular touch points, and reach out proactively if clients are falling off the bandwagon. Use a motivational interviewing framework to help clients set concrete health goals.
- Develop wide range of nutrition and exercise plans for clients. Be an accountability partner in helping client remember their medications and doctor appointments.
- Educate clients about their chronic illnesses in a non-academic manner.
- Diligently track your clients’ progress. Provide ongoing feedback, advice, and encouragement. Constantly problem solve with your clients if things seem to not be working.
- Work closely with the technology team to identify and prioritize new features as requested by clients. Work with our content team to research and develop new educational modules for clients.
- Given the sensitive nature of health information, maintain strict confidentiality at all times
Who You Are
- Passionate about health and changing peoples’ lives
- An exceptional people person - everyone you meet wants to give you a hug. You easily remember every detail about everyone you meet.
- Patient, attentive and resourceful - you have that special knack for unlocking people’s personal motivation to taking ownership of their health. You’ve transformed the lives of countless clients, friends, and family members.
- Highly creative with a broad toolkit for getting people to engage in their health. You are familiar with the biology of diabetes as well as the latest diet and exercise trends.
- Exceptionally detail oriented (and confident you will be able to proactively manage a large case load of clients at once). Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills including exceptional listening skills.
- Open-minded, non-judgmental and compassionate - you know how hard it can be to change old habits, but you never give up on people.
- Passionate about technology and able to learn a new software quickly.
- Independent, creative self starter, flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment that encourages critical thinking and creative problem solving.
- Demonstrated prior experience helping others lose weight, eat better, get active or manage a chronic disease.
- Degree in health related field required.
- Professional license or certification highly desired: nurses, nutritionists, therapists, social workers, trainers, health coaches all welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity with motivational interviewing techniques a plus.
- Prior experience with CRM software helpful.